Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-08-2005, 05:17 PM

Default Vegas Geezer Nightclub Redux

My frustration level grows with this bogus bottle service hip hop all night nightclub scene. I didn't get too much help last time I posted so I try again.

The big 4-0 is approaching quickly and the wife has fired up the Bellagio trip. I scoped the place out while donating at the Five Diamond last week and I'm still way confused about where we should go to shake our bones a bit.

Here's the wish list:

1. I don't want to wait in any poser line.
2. I don't care how much I spend.
3. I wouldnt mind *some* Hip Hop, but if the whole night is like listening to Sirius Shade 45 I think my head will explode. Techno would be more our thing.
4. Table reservations would be a good thing.

Pure sounds promising. Any other suggestions?
Old 12-08-2005, 10:12 PM

Default Re: Vegas Geezer Nightclub Redux

I just did the "pure" table service last weekend. IT WAS AWESOME. No wait in lines, our own bouncer for our table, hottest waitress ever, and I just felt like such a pimp the whole night. Ask for a table outdoors (they play techno out there). While it is a little chilly, you get your own heated lamp and since it is cold, its not excessively crowded outside, so if you want to get away from the crazy dance floor, you can chill upstairs. Get ready to spend 400-500 a bottle, and its a minimum of 1 bottle for every 3 people you bring, but trust me, it is totally worth it. I don't think I can ever go back again to waiting in line to get in, waiting in line to get drinks, etc...

Warning though. This advice is coming from a 24 year old, so use it with caution.
Old 12-09-2005, 01:16 AM

Why in the world would you spend more money to go to a place like this than it would cost to have 3 hours of fun at say Spearmint Rhino?

I have heard of people running $4-5K bills at these clubs....people that ought not be able to afford that sort of thing....and all I keep asking myself is "why?".

I'm serious. What is the attraction to going to some place like this?

I should preface that I live in Los Angeles and can drive less than ten minutes and hit on all the 9 and 10 wannabe actresses, that won't have sex with me, that I can handle.

And I swear I will vomit myself to death before I EVER pay $300-500 for a bottle of $30 Grey Goose
Old 12-09-2005, 01:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
And I swear I will vomit myself to death before I EVER pay $300-500 for a bottle of $30 Grey Goose

[/ QUOTE ]

You do realize you are paying for all the other stuff they give you, like the no wait, the priveledge to sit there, the bouncer, the waitress, the no cover, the ability to sit down and chill whenever you feel like it, the not waiting for drinks, etc... and NOT for the actual alcohol.

I would've made the same comment as you did before I tried it. Believe me, its a totally different experience. And this was way more fun than the spearmint rhino was, and believe me, it can be just as expensive over there as it was here (yes i've been there as well).
Old 12-09-2005, 01:49 AM

This seems like a luxury box at a sporting event...either you can well afford it and want the service or you can't and can't imagine why anyone would. Different booths for different folks.
Old 12-09-2005, 02:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This seems like a luxury box at a sporting event...either you can well afford it and want the service or you can't and can't imagine why anyone would. Different booths for different folks.

[/ QUOTE ]

well put. I am not rich by any means, but for me, this was definitely worth it.
Old 12-09-2005, 08:30 PM

I can afford it and can't imaging why anyone would want it.
Old 12-10-2005, 02:48 AM

Tabu at the MGM is a great lounge...not a huge nightclub...lots of cool music, great atmosphere...bottle service will run you what you'd expect, but if you reserve a bottle or two you won't have to wait in line or be hemmed in by the crowd.

I'm not a club go-er, but Tabu is awesome.
Old 12-10-2005, 04:23 AM

Light is right in the Bellagio. It's as fun as any of them and you won't have far to go after say 600 dollars of Vodka. Jet is opening in the Mirage for New Years and is supposed the new happening place.
Old 12-10-2005, 04:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's as fun as any of them and you won't have far to go after say 600 dollars of Vodka.

[/ QUOTE ]

$11.99 for 1.5 liters, and it consistantly places very high in blind taste tests against stuff like Stoli. The idea of $600 worth of this staggers the mind. And the body.

Bottle service is God's way of telling you you have too much money. You can have more fun throwing away a couple hundred at the craps table, slamming down free booze.