Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Bonuses

Old 12-05-2005, 08:25 PM

Default A question for long time whores

What bonuses do you generally hit up on a monthly basis (monthly reloads)? Is there a pattern to it, or just first you hear about you play?
What limits do you need to play for a bonus to be worthwhile? Do you play limit or NL? Does the looseness of the site affect your bonus decisions?

Thanks just looking for a little guidance from you seasoned pros.
Old 12-05-2005, 08:42 PM

Default Re: A question for long time whores

The only monthlies that are worth doing are the Cryptos (and even that is debatable now). I think you will see the way of monthly bonuses go with time. The Bet365 is lucrative but there are always questions as to whether or not they will be having it the next month.

I do the Cryptos at the beginning/end of each month. I have it patterned where I will be doing Crypto sites at the first day and the last day of the month. In other words, I have split the Cryptos into two different “sections”.

It just depends on what limits I play depending on the bonus. When I first started, I would play just to get the bonus. So, it was the lowest limits that could make logistical sense with the bonus. Now, I really only play $2/4 or $3/6. It does depend on the site. I clear Prima bonuses much faster on $1/2 since there are so many more tables.

Bonus whoring is about getting some experience and finding out which bonuses that are worth your time. If you have a sizeable roll, you are wasting your time chasing a $50 bonus that is going to take 1000 hands.

Also if you are brand new at this, get familiar with the terminology.
Old 12-05-2005, 08:46 PM

im no expert but im a been whoring for last 9 months.
the following are my sites each month:
- poker plex
- will hill, ritz, total bet & UK bet
- Bet365
- Interpoker
- Caribbean Sun
- Absolute
- Empire
- Party: whatever i get, if i get it, when i get it
- Eurobet: in the olden days i used this to hone my NL (lack of)skills....havent visited since it changed over
- others as they may come up...Stars, Paradise(just started) etc
- when aboves done, i'll hit up my propping site or highest RB site till end of month

i play limit (except for eurobet) 1/2 and 2/4 and just follow the same approach as i would if i wasnt clearing bonuses....find a good table and stay till its no good.

my only change of attitude now is that i wont play anywhere unless im getting a cut somehow....either by RB, bonus or propping
Old 12-05-2005, 10:08 PM

I'll add in Golden Riviera as a good recurring bonus. It's actually a weekly 7x raked, up to $20. Seems like a pittance, but that adds up to $1040 a year if you do it religiously every weekend. (You have to deposit $50 to get the bonus).
Old 12-05-2005, 10:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What bonuses do you generally hit up on a monthly basis (monthly reloads)?

[/ QUOTE ]
As many as I can. I generally don't do them if they're greater than 10X.

[ QUOTE ]
Is there a pattern to it, or just first you hear about you play?

[/ QUOTE ]

I try to do bonuses that have expiration dates first. Then when that's finished I go on to the 10X ones I have saved up. I usually have unclaimed bonus money sitting in Absolute, UB, Stars, and Paradise, so i just open up all those clients and play at the softest tables I can find. When I clear all or most of this money, I will then usually whore new sites (like Primas skins) until the next round of monthlies start.

[ QUOTE ]
What limits do you need to play for a bonus to be worthwhile?

[/ QUOTE ]

Bonuses are always worthwhile... at least more worthwhile than rakeback or nothing. I prefer to 2 table 10/20 6 max. limit, but I have no problem with 4 tabling 2/4 just to get a crypto done.

[ QUOTE ]
Do you play limit or NL?

[/ QUOTE ]
I play the games that I know I can beat, which in my case are limit hold 'em, limit O8, and limit 5 card draw.

[ QUOTE ]
Does the looseness of the site affect your bonus decisions?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, but if you have bonus $$$ sitting in a bunch of sites then you can still have really good table selection, even if a few of the sites may not always have the softest games.
Old 12-05-2005, 10:46 PM

I think the Cryptos are still good, escpecially some of their short games. I'm also new to some of the other sites, i.e. the Primas and Absolute, so I still have signups to work off and am not quite as desperate.