Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Bonuses
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-02-2005, 12:56 AM

Default PP VIP yet again

I actually got an email back today from the VIP folks when I asked when the new offer would show up and when I would be paid for November.

First, they will pay last month's by December 5th. Second, they weren't any more specific about December than 'in the next few days'. In the course of this email exchange though I realized I didn't quite understand how the system worked.

When I spoke to the rep on the phone he asked how many hands I thought I would be playing. I figured it would be around 20,000, but I lowballed it and said 10,000. My offer was $410. I was told that if I fell short I would get the bonus prorated. I assumed that it worked the other way though.

That is to say that if I played 20,000 I would get $820. In fact I was sure of it, as they said that the max they would pay was 40,000. Otherwise the system doesn't make sense. Why wouldn't I go for the maximum amount that I might play, and then let them go ahead and pro rate if I missed it?

It looks like I just get the $410 though. Was this everyone else's understanding, or am I the only one who thought that if you went over it was pro rated as well?
Old 12-02-2005, 10:27 AM

Default Re: PP VIP yet again

When I talked to my rep, I got the idea that it wasnt automatically adjusted by the number of hands you play. He told me if it looked like I was going to be way above or way below my goal to email him mid month sometime and we could adjust the goal. I didnt have a chance to do this as I passed my goal by exactly 4 raked hands.

You could ask Microbob though. I think that I remember him going into more detail about this in a thread once.
Old 12-02-2005, 01:45 PM

I still haven't set up my deal yet and can't help you but I have a few questions. Do you just email them and start negotiating how much you deserve based on your volume and limit? What is the best way to secure a good deal? What is a good deal?
Old 12-02-2005, 05:36 PM

I emailed them and they called me a day later. My email just expressed interest in the program, no terms were discussed. When I spoke to them on the phone we talked about my play, and the rep seemed pretty knowledgable. I had read the long thread in Affiliates/Rakeback about the offers so I had some feeling for what was a decent offer.

I am embarassed to admit that I didn't negotiate at all I just said I would take what they offered ($410 for 10k hands). They promised other bonuses in the future like cash for points, and invites to live tourneys. We will see if that ever happens.
Old 12-02-2005, 05:57 PM

How much can you negotiate with them? I havent done this yet, but i soon will. I play over 40K hands a month, is that decent leverage?
Old 12-02-2005, 09:07 PM

Here is the mega thread from the affiliates/rb forum that should give you some info.

LINK

S&SGW
Old 12-05-2005, 03:41 PM

I got the same email (5th December, watch out for December's bonus when you log in over the next few days). Still no bonus money in my account. Anyone else been paid yet?
Old 12-06-2005, 11:04 AM

they're really annoying me to death. i WILL get a sweeter deal or i'm getting the hell out of party fo sho.