Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Bonuses

Old 11-23-2005, 06:15 AM

Default Dear Party, I\'m using your reload to open a PS account

Thanks for the 100 bucks I just cleared. Now I'm going to open a PokerStars account. I already opened one at UB.

I wasn't mad about what you did to Empire and the other skins. That was good business. The problem is you didn't make it look like you were only trying to go after the competition. You seemed to think that leaving them out on their own meant you didn't have to offer your own players so much in bonuses. Hah, where else could we go, you seemed to be saying.

Well, I'm telling you. I had been perfectly content to play only on Party and Empire and collect two reloads a month, but if you are barely going to pay one reload every 2 months then I guess I'll take a close look at some of your competitors, even though I had never been interested in them before.

Thanks for the kick in the pants to go find out that there are good games in other places. If you want me back, you know how to reach me.
Old 11-23-2005, 07:52 AM

Default Re: Dear Party, I\'m using your reload to open a PS account

if people who piss and moan about bonuses so much reinvested all that energy into actually learning how to play play poker perhaps they might be happier (and richer).
Old 11-23-2005, 09:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
if people who piss and moan about bonuses so much reinvested all that energy into actually learning how to play play poker perhaps they might be happier (and richer).

[/ QUOTE ]

axioma, I'm also of the opinion that the ultimate goal of playing poker should be to develop your skill. I believe that doing so leads to a much more intellectual and entertaining experience overall, rather than existing as a extreme bonus whore (10-tabling small stakes limit, break-even poker, cash out when done, scour boards, repeat). However, I don't believe it's that simple to make a blanket judgement about the original poster and other players like that.

First off, I didn't take the original poster as pissing and moaning about bonuses. He acknowledges that Party's actions are legitimate, but as an educated consumer, he has decided to play at other sites that are offering a greater economic incentive. The truth is that not everyone is going to become a masterful poker player (or aspires to be) whether it be a lack of time, financial resources, or mental fortitude. Some players don't genuinely care about poker, and think of bonuses as free money to take advantage of. I bet another segment of the poker population (one that I belonged to last year) doesn't have the bankroll to venture to higher levels or to invest in resources (books, PokerTracker, computer hardware). Bonuses help them maintain or upgrade their bankroll, while in the process of learning the game. Perhaps other players are just low limit enthusiasts that are also educated about bonuses at the same time. Perhaps stlip is one of those. To make an analogy, I currently play 15/30 and 30/60 with rakeback. While I could certainly make money without its assistance, doing so wouldn't make alot of financial sense. And it wouldn't make much sense for a low limit enthusiast to play without a bonus if a good one were available to them. To me, stlip is just an enthusiast expressing frustration over economic changes during online poker's consolidation period, and making adjustments to them.
Old 11-23-2005, 09:41 AM

I nominate this thread for most worthless of the day...er...week.
Old 11-23-2005, 10:56 AM

I don't get it. You're complaining that Party doesn't give enough bonuses, so you're taking the $100 bonus they just gave you and leaving?

And where are you leaving too... PokerStars! No sign-up bonus, sparse reloads, low clearance rates for low-limits, no unmentionables.

Great thinking, way to stick it to the man.
Old 11-23-2005, 12:37 PM

Let us know what they response with [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 11-23-2005, 01:06 PM

I feel the same way as OP. I only play Party during bonus times. No reason to stay longer unless all the greener pastures dissapear.

Why should anyone playing 2/4 not want to chase rooms that increase their win rate by 2.5 BB/100? Even at 5/10 thats 1BB/100 boost.

Why tell the OP to "learn poker" when he is sensibly crushing the game by taking advantage of reasonable bonuses, effectively playing rake free?

See you at Paradise this weekend haha.
Old 11-23-2005, 02:13 PM

Dear Sourpuss,

We here at Party Poker are sorry to see you go. Although we made approximately $1 billion last year, without that extra $100 in rake you are going to generate, we unfortunately are only going to clear $999,999,900.

Please don't give your password to anyone. Enjoy!

Dikshit