Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-12-2005, 03:06 PM

Default Open letter to the forum

Twoplustwo is growing at a significant rate. The posters of Heads-up & Short-handed (HUSH) have requested for a very long time, the division of the forum. The HUSH posters have persistently proposed splitting the forum into a MidHighStakesHUSH (MH-HUSH) and a SmallStakesHUSH (SS-HUSH). Their proposals have gone unanswered. It is not fair to have 30/60 hands being posted alongside 1/2 hands in the same forum. I would like to see .5/1-5/10 being posted in the small stakes forum and 10/20 and up in the midhigh.

HUSH should be divided into 3 forums:

-MidHigh-Shorthanded (MHSH)
-SmallStakes-Shorthanded (SSSH)
-HeadsUp-Threehanded (HUT)

Twoplustwo has a lack of progression in the art of heads up play. HUSH was supposed to be a creation of a heads up forum but it developed into the 6-max forum. Heads up threads are not getting alot of attention because the forum is populated by players specifically interested in playing 6max. By creating a forum specifically for HU and 3 handed, it should promote the interest of our most prominent posters to take interest.

Next, twoplustwo needs to once again divide the limit forums. There is currently no good home for 10/20-20/40 full game threads. Because of the introduction of the Party 30/60, MidHigh now has more than enough 30/60+ players to populate the forum. 15/30-20/40 threads seem out of place and don't receive much attention. It is not really fair to have 15/30 threads being posted alongside 100/200 threads.

Likewise, it is out of place to be posting 15/30-20/40 threads in the small stakes forum. The quality of play there is not well developed and the population of 10/20-20/40 players do not read that forum which leads to only small stakes players replying to these threads.

Therefore, I propose the limit section of our forums be split into the following 4 forums:

-Micro Limit (ML)
-Small Stakes (SS)
-Middle Stakes (MS)
-High Stakes (HS)

Lastly, I would like to see the creation of a new breed of forum. We need a forum specifically for the creation of announcements and events. We have many "The Official.... Thread" type posts popping up but they do not have a specific home. Instead these threads get posted sporadically in NVG, General, B&M and sometimes Internet Gambling. Unless you keep tabs on all of those forums you are likely to miss an important announcement or event. It's also not fair to have big announcement threads in the General Texas Hold'em forum where most of the threads are bad beat threads and alike.

Therefore, I propose that we create a new forum called Announcements and Events. The Announcements and Events forum (AE) should have a moderator whos purpose is to maintain the quality of the forum by only allowing announcements and events posts and moving all other posts to their appropriate forums.

Threads that should reside in the Announcements and Events forum, but are not required to will be threads similar to the following:

The HULA threads, Magoofest, official releases of non-profit websites, official releases of software, information and updates regarding poker sites such as merges and software updates, conformist and emmitt222 type challenges.

In closing and summary, I would like to see the following forums divided and created:

MidHigh-Shorthanded (MHSH)
SmallStakes-Shorthanded (SSSH)
HeadsUp-Threehanded (HUT)
-
Micro Limit (ML)
Small Stakes (SS)
Middle Stakes (MS)
High Stakes (HS)
-
Announcements and Events (AE)

-TStoneMBD
Old 11-12-2005, 03:10 PM

Default Re: Open letter to the forum

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 11-12-2005, 03:11 PM

While I do not know anything about the situation in regards to full table limit, I do agree with tstone that HUSH should be split and that an announcment forum would be extremely helpful, specifically during HULA season.
Old 11-12-2005, 03:26 PM

I think this makes a lot of sense. Good post

As far as the HUSH split, I have an email from mat thats a couple months old saying he was down for it. Im not sure why it hasnt happened other than some software type situation, but really, how long can it take?
Old 11-12-2005, 03:27 PM

good post, Tstone. hopefully these new forums will soon be created
Old 11-12-2005, 03:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
good post, Tstone. hopefully these new forums will soon be created

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe if you moved out of .02/.04 you could join in the fun
Old 11-12-2005, 03:55 PM

I wholeheartedly agree.
Old 11-12-2005, 03:58 PM

i agree with everything, but i think the shorthanded forums should be specific to 6max and made both in the limit and NL forums. in the nearly 2 years ive posted here, ive played 6max exclusively and its difficult to sort through 6m hands vs hu hands vs 4 handed hands. a separate 6max forum and hu forum is a good idea imo.

rj
Old 11-12-2005, 04:00 PM

surprisingly i agree completely.
Old 11-12-2005, 04:07 PM

I agree with everything. The only part I'm not sure about is if the HUT would get enough activity. It can't hurt to give it a shot though. If it ends up as a ghost town then it can just be removed and HU/3-handed posts can be posted in the appropriate HUSH forums.

I also think it's fairly pathetic how long it's taken for anything to be done about the HUSH situation, even though in the past few months we've been told it would be done "in the next few days" more times than I can remember. Is it really so difficult?