Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Computer Technical Help
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2005, 11:37 PM

Default Help with 2001fp, s-video and audio

I have a 2001fp that has an S-VIDEO input, but I don't own a TV. I'd like to be able to play playstation through my LCD...so I bought a little thing that connects the playstation to S-VIDEO. Hooked it up, it works fine, but there's no audio. The monitor doesn't have built-in speakers so..duh. I obviously would like to have the audio while I play, so I need a way to figure this out. I haven't been able to find an audio out on the monitor that I can just plug my speakers in to. So is there some way I can hook the speakers up directly to my playstation? They're standard computer speakers with the 1/8" jack or whatever.

I also noticed there's an s-video input on my graphics card...maybe I can hook my playstation up to that and play it through there? I don't know if that'd take a toll on my computer, as opposed to connecting the display directly to the playstation. Anyway, just lookin for some ideas here. Thanks
Old 11-10-2005, 12:45 AM

Default Re: Help with 2001fp, s-video and audio

well the audio aspect of the setup has nothing to do with your monitor or your computer. You just need to get the audio out from your PS to your speakers, some sort of Y adapter should acomplish this feat.

Hope this helps
Old 11-10-2005, 02:16 AM

Default Re: Help with 2001fp, s-video and audio

What you see on your video card is an s-video output, not input, so that won't help you any. It is for hooking up the computer to a TV, for watching movies or whatever.

For the audio, you'll need an adapter cable that will go between the red and white audio plugs on the PS2 cable and the phono jack (I think that's what it's called...) on your speakers. Should be anywhere from $2-5 at Walmart, Radio Shack, etc. It should be easy to tell which one you need as long as you know where it will be plugged in. It will basically be a Y cable with a 1/8" plug on one end and 2 female RCA plugs on the other end. Use this to connect the PS2 to the speakers. Your computer will not be play any part in this setup.