Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Computer Technical Help
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-31-2005, 04:51 PM

Default William Hills Software Crash

Here's the email I sent to their support:

[ QUOTE ]
I just started playing and deposited money,
but i found that the program keeps crashing on me.

I get the blue screen of death in Win XP saying something about nv4disp.dll.

And I have to restart, and when I logged back into William Hill.
The tables i play at, which i got disconnected, I can't see my hole cards and the flop anymore. I was big blind, and i can't do anything but fold. This happened for a couple of games as i was on multiple tables.

I have a MSI MS-starforce geforce 6600 GT video card.

[/ QUOTE ]

And their reply email:

[ QUOTE ]
Thank you for your email.

If you are currently operating with a firewall you may experience certain problems when trying to access or use our services.

We would suggest that you alter the settings on your firewall to allow it to trust our site, for details on how to do this we would suggest that you either consult the manual for your firewall or use the manufacturer's online help. Please note that Window's XP has a built in firewall, if you are using this operating system we would suggest using Window's help and searching on 'Firewall' for information on how to adjust the settings for this.

We hope this answers your query, if you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us.

With Regards,

Russell

Internet Customer Services
William Hill Online

[/ QUOTE ]

What do u guys think?
Some more details: I actually get the random crashes when I play at 1600x1200 resolution for multitabling, I also use Interpoker, and there's no crashes. When i use regular 1028x720 for William Hill, I haven't got crashes yet, but sometimes the comptjuer gets "stuck" for like a few seconds and then works again. An another thing, I had a problem once with clicking the hand history button, and it got stuck, and I can't click on any of the bet/call/fold buttons on the table anymore. Had to close the table.

Does this remotely have anything to do with firewall? cuz i do have the windows firewall, and it set to block the UA access for William hill and interpoker.

This software is so buggy, any one else have any experience with this?