Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Bonuses

Old 10-25-2005, 04:49 PM

Default Hollywood Poker 10k 1000% Bonus

(I have found one post on bonuswhores.com about this topic, but was curious to hear from 2+2ers)

I would like to hear feedback from anyone attempting the $1000 1000% bonus on Hollywood Poker c/o Bonuswhores.com. I am debating between doing this or just playing straight up at Party. I typically play 2/4, as I would have to with a $1000 bankroll, and 3/6. I feel as though I can also play higher as I build my bankroll. I would just like to hear some thoughts on how this bonus is going for those of you out there attempting it, as well as thoughts on how difficult it would be to clear at the 3/6 level.
Old 10-25-2005, 04:52 PM

Default Re: Hollywood Poker 10k 1000% Bonus

don't do it...it's 20X(18X) now.
Old 10-25-2005, 08:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
don't do it...it's 20X(18X) now.

[/ QUOTE ]

They pay out in $100 increments. So if you're really interested in clearing a bonus that pays you $100 per every 2000 raked hands, then go for it. The last $1000 is given to you, so the bonus in total is 18x.

I haven't played on the Poker Network, so I'm unsure as to how good the games are. But there are plenty of bitch threads about how the rake just went up for this network. Maybe their marketing strategy is to increase both the rake and bonuses.
Old 10-25-2005, 11:48 PM

Is anyone out there actually doing this bonus right now? And if so what limits are you playing and how fast are you clearing it?
Old 10-26-2005, 12:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Is anyone out there actually doing this bonus right now? And if so what limits are you playing and how fast are you clearing it?

[/ QUOTE ]
I thought about it, since I'm usually willing to tackle the big bonuses. But it seems pretty stupid to do it now that Bayou has come along. At a 20x requirement, BonusWhores lists the Hollywood bonus as clearing at $5.30 per table hour playing 5/10. The Bayou skin 50% rakeback bonus clears at $8.00 per table hour. Looking at all limits, it appears that Bayou is better across the board.
Old 10-26-2005, 12:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Looking at all limits, it appears that Bayou is better across the board.

[/ QUOTE ]

Except of course not having a friggin' download client.

Since I have $2k+ in 7x-10x poker network bonuses to do between now and the end of the year, I don't have a big need for it, though.
Old 10-26-2005, 01:21 AM

yeah...if you want to use a java/web client, go to bayou poker for that skin. If you want to use a download, go with holdempoker.com which has $666 100% deposit bonus right now and a 20% upto $100 bonus you can stack onto it at 10X.
Pokerroom.com, the main skin, has numerous deposit bonus options right now (I'm sure PSO or BW can direct you to everything from 7X 30% for $200 to 15X for $500) and a redeposit of $200 for bonus code 'Slayer' which can stack.
Old 10-26-2005, 04:14 PM

I deposited for the $10k bonus back when it was still 15x (13.5x if you clear the whole thing). What I do now is play at Hollywood to clear this bonus whenever there aren't other good bonuses worth clearing at the same time (ie. I'm skipping the 20x Empire/Multi/etc bonuses).

It releases $50 for every 750 points aquired and you need to clear $9000 worth of those to get the full $10k bonus. I look at it like this: $9000/$50 = 180 of these $50 chunks you need to clear in 365 days, which basically means you need to be clearing one at least every other day to clear the full bonus.

I typically play $2/$4 full ring games, 3 or 4 tabling and I don't have exact numbers, but you can clear 750 points that way in a reasonably short amount of time. Once I've got a little more in my BR there I'll move up to $3/$6 or higher, where it will clear even faster with the new point structure there. After a little over a month of making the deposit, I've cleared 16 of the $50 chunks, so I'm pretty much on track to clear it all, and that's with taking probably 1.5 weeks off in the middle to clear other bonuses at Party/Stars/Empire/etc.

In short, I think this bonus is doable/decent if you play $2/$4 or above, although now that they've changed it to 18x/20x it's not quite as easy or attractive a bonus.
Old 11-29-2005, 04:52 PM

I was doing a search and came upon this post. Here's what I'm wondering... If you make a deposit there and are working off the bonus, can you withdraw without penalty? I looked at the Hollywood website but couldn't seem to find an answer about cashout restrictions.

Thanks,
S&SGW
Old 11-29-2005, 05:01 PM

Yes, you can withdrawal without affecting your bonus.

I have been clearing the bonus playing 1/2 NL. I am clearing it about, and with multi-tabling get bonuses at about $11/hour. It can definitely be cleared, especially at the higher limits. Personally I feel like the massive size of the bonus more than makes up for the lack of clearance...I mean, $10,000 is a lot of money. And if your a decent player you'll make alot from playing as well. The games are certainly not as easy as Party, but I feel like they are still quite good. Overall, I recommend doing this if your able to set out a schedule and follow through, because clearing the whole thing is definitely worth it for that last $1,000.