Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Bonuses
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-2005, 06:43 AM

Default Caribbean Sun miscount

I had an interesting experience at Caribean Sun this month. Their bonus is supposed to be like a 4/9 size version of InterPoker's bonus ($40 for 200 hands raked $1; hands raked $0.25 count 1/4) except that you have to clear it during the month and there isn't a convenient counter. However, you can use a live chat function on their web page to ask support how many raked hands you have played.

I played a couple of quick sessions and then checked with support. They said I had played 226 raked hands over 8 hours. The problem is that I played fewer than 200 hands total; log viewer shows 182 hands recorded for the month, and some of those were while I waited for the big blind. They requested that I send them a screenshot. After I did, they insisted that the 226 was right anyway, because that's what is in their system, and keep repeating their definition of a raked hand.

Has anyone else gotten the bonus early this month, or gotten a bad count from support?
Old 10-19-2005, 09:22 AM

Default Re: Caribbean Sun miscount

pzhon -

Unfortunately I cannot answer your question as I haven't done Caribbean since they changed the bonus. However, from reading your post, it is not clear whether or not you know about cryptocounter or not. If you're not already using it, download it. Its free and it really helps for all the crypto sites.

One last note - I've been learning backgammon in the past week and have read every article I could find in the Archives from Other Gambling. Thanks for sharing your wealth of knowledge on this topic.
Old 10-19-2005, 09:40 AM

Did you check back a while later? I have found that with Carrib. and Plex, you hands are not updated imediately, but within an hour or so. If you played them ...they are there.

I usually check back the next day.
Old 10-19-2005, 12:23 PM

I had this same "problem" last month. Though I didn't notice till after I completed the raked hand requirement. If you still have your records try counting each full unit of rake as a raked hand and for pots that weren't raked at least 1 unit each .25 as 1/4 of a raked hand. I suspect wonderful programing is behind this issue.
Old 10-19-2005, 12:59 PM

I quit last month when after 500+ dealt hands at 1/2 they had me on 14 raked hands (this was 2 days after I played them, so there was plenty of time for the system to update). I tried to explain to them that even if only half had been raked .25 I'd be somewhere around 80-90 raked hands. They tried to explain to me that they are with out flaws. I explained to them that I don't do business with the flawless. At least it was good for a laugh.