Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Bonuses
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-2005, 07:29 AM

Default Hollywood Poker questions

The web site says one receives "0.07 of a poker point for every 10c in rake paid". Does this mean
-only hands *i contribute to*,
-only hands i *win*,
-or the usual *any hand i'm dealt in on and rake is contributed*?

Just wondering if anyone has worked off any of their bonuses and how they felt about it. It seems that for each dollar in bonus to work off, the website gets over $20 in rake! I wanted to ensure that I wasn't paying all that $20 per dollar back, ha ha.

What is the max no. of tables you can play on the poker network?
Any comments on H.P would be appreciated also.

Thanks in advance,
Pete Harris

(edited to add another question [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img])
Old 10-11-2005, 08:07 AM

Default Re: Hollywood Poker questions

Answer: Any hand you're dealt in..

No special comments.. Poker Room skin.. Of course the bonus is somewhat slow to clear since it's so huge..
Some people like the software, some hate it.. I kind of like it.. It's fine when you get used to it.. Color codes are nice in the notes, you can quickly assign green for fish, red for TAG, for example.

Seems very reliable, and cashouts no problems
Old 10-11-2005, 08:26 AM

thanks for your reply. what is the max no. of tables you can play at once?

Regards,
Pete Harris
Old 10-11-2005, 10:22 AM

I never played at Hollywood, but BetOnBet (PR skin) works on a contributed rake system, so Id email hollywood and find out
Old 10-11-2005, 10:53 AM

I figured I'd take a shot at the $10K. I deposited a little over a week ago. I've cleared 7 or 8 of the 180 $50 bonuses so far. You don't have to contribute to the pot for it to count toward the points. Since you have a year to clear the 180 $50 bonuses, for $9000, then they release the last $1000, you have to clear one of the bonuses every two days to get them done in time.

At lower limits, $1/$2 and lower it goes very slow. $2/$4 isn't too bad if you play a few tables at a time. It's not like playing at Party though. Maybe you can find 30-35% of the people going to the flop.

As far as number of tables goes, I think it's at least 4 for sure. I've heard from more than one person who said that you can get on more than 4 if you are on waiting lists for more tables before you join the 4th table, but I haven't personally tried it.

I'm not a great player, but I have no trouble on any of the Party tables, or Party skin tables before the split, but I have a lot of trouble on PR tables. On average, I'm losing $60 in the time it takes me to clear $50. Then I use the player points you earn to play in different tournaments, and finish in the money there to make me come out a little ahead after clearing the bonuses so far. I don't know if I'm going to do this for nearly a year or not. It for sure hasn't been worth it so far. Maybe it's just normal variance, I'm going to play for another week or so and see where I stand, and then re-evaluate. Good luck to you, and let us know if you try it and how it seems to you.
Old 10-11-2005, 12:29 PM

thanks for the responses people, very kind of you all. I will email hollywood to doublecheck, but i think i'll wait till after my finals in may before i make a concerted push over the bonus!

Regards,
Pete Harris
Old 10-11-2005, 02:15 PM

Its not horrible, they did change their point structure, which helps the .50-1 and 1-2 games, but hurts the higher games, also their rake went up recently from what I heard. Their bonus releases in $50 amounts so if you dont like it you are not stuck, you can always leave. If you open up to 4 tables(the max allowed) you can get on other waiting lists, the tables willopen automatically and you can play unlimited(as far as I can tell) tables, if you have multiple monitors its a good thing, if not it can be annoying, I have 3 monitors and if Im not playing anywhere else, I will play 8+ at HP and the bonus will go by much faster that way. If you havent signed up yet, you should look around(like in the classifieds) for a deal on top of the bonus, if you are already signed up you can use their reoload, or BW's reload which is cool if you play that much.
Old 10-11-2005, 06:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Its not horrible, they did change their point structure, which helps the .50-1 and 1-2 games, but hurts the higher games, also their rake went up recently from what I heard. Their bonus releases in $50 amounts so if you dont like it you are not stuck, you can always leave. If you open up to 4 tables(the max allowed) you can get on other waiting lists, the tables willopen automatically and you can play unlimited(as far as I can tell) tables, if you have multiple monitors its a good thing, if not it can be annoying, I have 3 monitors and if Im not playing anywhere else, I will play 8+ at HP and the bonus will go by much faster that way. If you havent signed up yet, you should look around(like in the classifieds) for a deal on top of the bonus, if you are already signed up you can use their reoload, or BW's reload which is cool if you play that much.

[/ QUOTE ]

Will you explain what you mean by "a deal on top of the bonus"? I didn't think you could get much else going while you were clearing a bonus. Am I wrong?
Old 10-12-2005, 04:41 PM

Lets say I play 2/4. How many hands will it take me to clear each $50 bonus.
Old 10-12-2005, 05:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Lets say I play 2/4. How many hands will it take me to clear each $50 bonus.

[/ QUOTE ]
i'd estimate about 12x raked clear rate for a 15x points bonus on hollywood. so approx 600 raked hands for every $50.