Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Computer Technical Help
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-2005, 06:23 AM

Default my pc hates me!

My dilemma…
My o/s is Windows ’98. Should have Internet Explorer 6 but using IE5. Cable Modem.
Problem…Some how managed to get IE5 instead of IE6, links in pages don’t open, message on bottom right corner says “error on page” or “found site waiting for reply” and never opens. I try to update my AVG, Zonealarm, Ad-ware, and Windows and because they are links to other sites they won’t open and can’t be updated. I have tried to update my IE5 to IE6 and can’t, the links just don’t open.
Outlook Express 6 isn’t working—“MSIMN is having a problem and will shut down”. And it shuts down. I can receive email, but can’t open the mail, can’t send mail, or forward to another account to read.
Even my MSN’s MY Space tells me to update my IE5 to IE6 to benefit from great new additions (which I’ve already had and used and wondered what happened to it). Rich text editor is gone along with other neat features from my space that I once had.
I have defragged, scanned, used the ad-ware, antivirus, spybot and everything comes back fine. Re-loaded Office ‘97(which I’ve had from day 1)
How do I go about resolving this issue…I’m going nuts!
Old 10-11-2005, 06:29 AM

Default Re: my pc hates me!

Install a newer os.
Old 10-11-2005, 06:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Install a newer os.

[/ QUOTE ]

If her computer's old enough to have come with Win98 installed, a new computer wouldn't be a bad idea, either.
Old 10-12-2005, 03:32 AM

humor