Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Computer Technical Help
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-08-2005, 12:04 PM

Default want to buy my sister a laptop for christmas

shell be 17 soon as may be going to college in a couple years. she likes to use aim and id like to get her a laptop that makes it easy for her to do homework on. she has a desktop downstairs thats on the low range of performance but definitely better than any laptop in my price range.

she is interested in webdesign. she likes to play around in photoshop and such.

im looking to get the best deal possible. my price range is 400-800ish. any recommendations?

here is a laptop from dell that i can get for $400 after coupon and it comes with a free printer. dont know what shipping will be. is this my best bet for her or can i get a better deal/better laptop before christmas? this laptop weighs 6.33lbs. will that be too heavy for her to carry around?

http://configure.us.dell.com/dellsto...amp;oc=i1200s0
Old 10-08-2005, 01:53 PM

Default Re: want to buy my sister a laptop for christmas

You might be able to get that laptop even cheaper by searching sites like fatwallet.com for more coupons. Also, Dell's quarter ends late this month (October) so sales and deals should be really good. I'm thinking of getting my dad a laptop for Christmas, so I'm also trying to figure out what to get. Newegg.com has some specials from time to time that might be worth a look, but I think Dell is a very good option.

MisterW
Old 10-08-2005, 02:18 PM

Default Re: want to buy my sister a laptop for christmas

the coupon i got came from dealcatcher.com, which i assume has the same coupons as fatwallet. however, i just found out today that the quarter ends this month and that the 750 coupon might spring up. ill wait until then, then.