Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Probability
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-06-2005, 09:02 PM

Default Top set(Kings), I\'m bet into...raise now or turn more profitable?

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (10.50 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="green">Hero ???</font>

Question is: Can I make more money waiting for the turn to raise? Some assumptions...

1. BB bets the turn
2. I get at least 1 caller
3. BB has a K or a lower set
4. The other caller has a gutshot draw or OESD.

Any feedback would be appreciated, thanks.
Old 10-07-2005, 10:17 AM

Default Re: Top set(Kings), I\'m bet into...raise now or turn more profitable?

1. I'm not sure why you're posting in the probability forum, this should be in Small Stakes or Micro Hold 'em.

2. As for the hand, just raise. If it was just you and the BB, you could make a case for waiting for the turn (although I think raising now is the best play, especially at these limits). As it is, it would be a huge mistake not to raise here with 3 others along for the ride. They paid one bet to see the turn so they'll pay two. If the turn doesn't help them the and the BB leads again, you may lose all your other customers.