Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Computer Technical Help

Old 10-06-2005, 07:11 PM

Default I [censored] up my video settings badly... Monitors black on startup...

I tried to set my Matrox video card for my new quad monitor setup up for my monitors. When I set my main monitor to be Matrox controlled and then turned off my GForce 6800 all of my screens went black. What the [censored] do I do, now? I can't mess with the settings because I can't see [censored].
Old 10-07-2005, 01:25 AM

Default Re: I [censored] up my video settings badly... Monitors black on start

The same thing happened with my monitors. I had 7 tables up and running on two monitors, a 20.1" FP and 19" CRT and all of a sudden both monitors go black, but the computer is still running.

Now, when I restart my computers I can only run one monitor at a time? How do I fix this? Oh, and I have a GeForce 6200.
Old 10-07-2005, 08:42 AM

Try hitting F8 when the computer is first starting up and choose VGA mode and see if you can tool around with the settings from there.
Old 10-07-2005, 08:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I tried to set my Matrox video card for my new quad monitor setup up for my monitors. When I set my main monitor to be Matrox controlled and then turned off my GForce 6800 all of my screens went black. What the [censored] do I do, now? I can't mess with the settings because I can't see [censored].

[/ QUOTE ]
Hmm I don't know if Matrox needs more power to run. Check if it needs. If everything is fine then you should start your windows with F8 and go to VGA-mode. You should be able to reset/change the options from there.