Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-20-2005, 10:20 AM

Default (33) - lost with JJ on bubble, 3rd stack

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t200 (4 handed) converter

Hero (t1520)
BB (t940)
UTG (t3855)
Button (t1685)

Preflop: Hero is SB with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to t600</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero ?

utg has not been running over the table like he should be, but he knows where the raise button is.
Old 09-20-2005, 10:26 AM

Default Re: (33) - lost with JJ on bubble, 3rd stack

I would push here.

There is a good chance this is a coin flip, but I think the FE makes it a worthwhile play. And if called &amp; won, you can start running over the table.
Old 09-20-2005, 10:40 AM

I don't think you have any fold equity here. I am allin though, JJ is favourite most the time, and likely it's not even a coinflip most the time. Plus if it's gonna be a coinflip, I'd rather have the 55%.

The BB isn't small enough to sit there and hope he runs out of chips first. This is time to play.
Old 09-20-2005, 11:19 AM

Pairs around the bubble make up for a good portion of the hands that keep me awake at night. Many times when I see them with four players left, I'm thinking, "Here comes the suckout coinflip" instead of "Yay, a pair!"

What would everyone's move be with the other pairs at a 33?

I think I'm pushing 88-AA here and expecting to get called. I'm folding 22-44. 55-77 seem to lay on the fuzzy border line that can go either way based on reads / intuition / nearby dartboard.

Would you fold JJ if the small stack had 2-3xbb instead of 4.5x BB? How would your pushing range on the other pairs be affected here with a micro-stack ready to bust?
Old 09-20-2005, 11:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Pairs around the bubble make up for a good portion of the hands that keep me awake at night. Many times when I see them with four players left, I'm thinking, "Here comes the suckout coinflip" instead of "Yay, a pair!"

What would everyone's move be with the other pairs at a 33?

I think I'm pushing 88-AA here and expecting to get called. I'm folding 22-44. 55-77 seem to lay on the fuzzy border line that can go either way based on reads / intuition / nearby dartboard.

Would you fold JJ if the small stack had 2-3xbb instead of 4.5x BB? How would your pushing range on the other pairs be affected here with a micro-stack ready to bust?

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you asking about open pushing or pushing over UTG's raise? The two are vastly different.
Old 09-20-2005, 11:38 AM

why would he be talking about open-pushing when that has nothing to do with the hand? he's talking pushing here, just being too loose about it and overestimating his non-existent FE.
Old 09-20-2005, 11:40 AM

puuuuuuush with those stack sizes.
Old 09-20-2005, 11:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
why would he be talking about open-pushing when that has nothing to do with the hand? he's talking pushing here, just being too loose about it and overestimating his non-existent FE.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know open pushing has nothing to do with the hand, thats why I asked. His range is huge considering the stacks and FE. I might be hesitant to drop below JJ here (FWIW, you made the right move, but given your read it is close I imagine)

AK, JJ+ unless I perceive bigstack as playing his stack correctly, in which case I widen that a bit.
Old 09-20-2005, 11:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
puuuuuuush with those stack sizes.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah...now looking again at the stacks, the differences are not enough to play tight into the money here. But given BS's lack of aggression thus far, I might fold 99 and down here. TT is close, but I'd push probably.
Old 09-20-2005, 11:54 AM

Push, his range is huge.