Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-19-2005, 04:27 AM

Default STTF-HUC II: Timeline and Info

Now-Oct 2: I will search Las Vegas for a venue. The Palace Station was great to us, but we need a bigger suite and I'd like to be on the strip. Top candidates include the Mirage, MGM, Caesar's, and Slots-A-Fun.

Oct 2: On the first Sunday or Monday in October, I will post official registration information. The field will be limited based on the size of the facility, but will be at least 32 players.

Anybody who played or came to the first STTF-HUC will have a spot held for them until registration closes. If they still haven't paid, I will send a reminder PM to them to make sure they don't want to play. After that, I will accept additional registrations until all spots are full.

Oct 2- Dec 1: Open Registration

During this period I will accept paid registrations until all the spots are full.

Dec 2-?: Any spots that were held for an original participant will be sold if they are available.

circa Jan 15th, 2006: Bracket draw will be held and first round matches and byes (if any) will be set.

Jan 15th- Feb 18th: Trash talking, stripper "interviews," and bankroll padding to fund the weekend.

Saturday, Feb 18th: Day 1 of STTF-HUC II

General Notes

-There will be 2 buy-in options: $200 and $500

-$200 players are eligible for a prize pool that is $200 per entry, but will draw a $500 player for their first round game.

-There will be an entry fee that will cover: the facility, snacks for day 1 and 2, catered dinner on day 1, all you can drink beer, vodka, water, and soda, and various Vegas-style entertainment options. The fee will be the same for everyone... even if you are a vegetarian, sober, stripper-hating nit.

-The format will be double-elimination, heads-up pot-limit holdem. Any PMs expressing your desire to have a different format will be graciously deleted from my in-box. I wish the WSOP main event was pot-limit omaha hi-lo, but it's just not.

-Anyone who played in STTF-HUC I and pays a $500 entry will be seeded for this tournament. Repeat $200 players will not be seeded, but they will be exempt from drawing a seeded $500 player in the first round. Unseeded $500 players will draw a $200 player for the first round as long as there are enough $200 players. If there are more $500 players than $200 players, some $500 players will face each other in the first round.

-If the number of entries is not exactly 32 or 64, first round byes will be awarded to seeded players. If there are more byes than seeds, all $500 players will be eligible to draw for a bye.

-Non-playing participants are welcome, but you must register so that I can control the number of people in the room and cater the party appropriately. The entry fee for non-playing participants will be 1/2 of the regular entry fee if you agree to deal matches when needed. If you don't want to deal, you will have to pay the full entry fee and somebody will probably make you deal anyways.

-More details will be given once the venue is chosen.

Irieguy
Old 09-19-2005, 04:34 AM

Default Re: STTF-HUC II: Timeline and Info

The third time is a charm. Mark my word, I will have a bankroll when I come home from this event.
Old 09-19-2005, 06:56 AM

Hmmmmm [img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img]
Old 09-19-2005, 07:01 AM

looks good
Old 09-19-2005, 07:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The third time is a charm. Mark my word, I will have a bankroll when I come home from this event.

[/ QUOTE ]

Gonna stick to that soft let it ride game next time around?
Old 09-19-2005, 07:28 AM

Default lol, nh n/m

lol, nh
Old 09-19-2005, 07:34 AM

Daliman wants "triple-elimination"
Old 09-19-2005, 07:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you just wake up?!

I haven't gone to sleep yet and will be heading into work in like 3 hours.

Wait...wtf?!?!?!? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Yugoslav
Old 09-19-2005, 08:20 AM

Irieguy,

Are you feeling pretty confident about the date? I want to go ahead and book plane tickets, and I have several free flight vouchers from business i'd like to use.

If you're fairly sure that's going to be the timeline for the event, I'll go ahead and book my flight now.

If we do field a fairly large field, how many days to finish everything?

Also, once I lose my first two matches, can I have half of my entry fee back if I deal after that?

Sigma
Old 09-19-2005, 10:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you just wake up?!

I haven't gone to sleep yet and will be heading into work in like 3 hours.

Wait...wtf?!?!?!? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]

did you pwwn, or are you one of the 'degenerates' trying to 'win money back'