Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-18-2005, 03:24 AM

Default NC: GREAT night!!

So anyways, I've been in a funk for the past little while (past 350 or so sit n gos with a ROI below 5%). Last night, I finally thought I would break out of it as I got my bank roll as high as its ever been.

Well boy was I was wrong. So far tonight while playing the 22's:

1st place: 1
OTM: 20

That's right. 1-20 in the past 21. Can't win a coin flip, can't win a 60/40 or 70/30, run into aces 3 times when I had a big preflop hand. Now I'll probably have to drop to the 10's as my roll took a huge hit.

Oh, and I think I have an eye infection as my eyes/membrane around the eye are itching/burning.

Someone kill me now
Old 09-18-2005, 03:38 AM

Default Re: NC: GREAT night!!

Take a [censored] number.
Old 09-18-2005, 03:51 AM

Really sucks. Please, though, do two things. 1) take a break because you're clearly very emotional about a bad run (if you think about it, it's really not that bad, assuming you're properly bankrolled) and 2) don't make these really obnoxious posts because they help nobody and possibly hurt.
Old 09-18-2005, 03:54 AM

sorry if I offended anyone with the post. I've seen posts like these every so often as a means to vent and that's all I was doing. Again, my apologies.
Old 09-18-2005, 04:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
sorry if I offended anyone with the post. I've seen posts like these every so often as a means to vent and that's all I was doing. Again, my apologies.

[/ QUOTE ]

NP, man. Just that bad beat posts in general aren't necessary, and throwing in a bit of sarcasm makes it that much worse.

Three step process to no longer being upset about this:

1) take a break
2) review hand histories
3) make ass-loads of money with a new and improved ROI.

Enjoy [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].
Old 09-18-2005, 04:04 AM

I'll give you some constructive advice and some thoughts:

1) Take a break
2) Don't play when you are tired, pissed, drunk, etc.
3) Don't play thinking you are going to break out of a funk. When you think this way you've put expectations on yourself, the first tournament you get knocked out of will put you on your way to negativity because you'll begin thinking "here we go again, another -$ night."
4) Go back over your tournaments and see where your mistakes are.

I don't know your skill level so I'm not going to assume you are unlucky or you suck. What I am going to assume is that this streak was due to some bad play. When a player gets into a funk, his negative thoughts get going, when those thoughts get going and a key hand is being played out the player will probably say "Oh I know he has XX so I should fold" and sometimes will say "F--- it, i don't care, i'll call/raise". Either way a player in the funk is not making optimal plays. A player who is negative is normally run over by an agressive player. A player who is negative will not make the necessary steals, stand up to an agressor, value bet hands, etc.

Good luck.