Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Computer Technical Help
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2005, 05:17 PM

Default Buying a new laptop

First off, sorry because i'm sure you guys get a lot of these.

Just wanted to run my purchase by people that know stuff about computers, because i'm retarted and don't know jack.

Dell inspiron 6000
intel pentium m 740
wuxga display (for 4-tabling w/o overlap, right?)
1 gb memory
80 gb harddrive

that's the main stuff, i'm getting it for about $1250.

basically just want to make sure i can 4table and that the price is in the right range.

thanks a bunch for any help or comments, even if its just to say i'm on the right track.
Old 09-12-2005, 06:09 PM

Default Re: Buying a new laptop

[ QUOTE ]
First off, sorry because i'm sure you guys get a lot of these.

Just wanted to run my purchase by people that know stuff about computers, because i'm retarted and don't know jack.

Dell inspiron 6000
intel pentium m 740
wuxga display (for 4-tabling w/o overlap, right?)
1 gb memory
80 gb harddrive

that's the main stuff, i'm getting it for about $1250.

basically just want to make sure i can 4table and that the price is in the right range.

thanks a bunch for any help or comments, even if its just to say i'm on the right track.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure about that deal. The computer will 4-table without overlap but the price is something to be argued. You may want to post over in the fatwallet forums they tend to know the prices much better over there...

I have the following I'm about to pull the trigger on...

Inspiron 9300

SYSTEM COMPONENTS

Inspiron 9300 Qty 1
Intel® Pentium® M Processor 740 (1.73 GHz/2MB Cache/533MHz FSB), Microsoft® Windows® XP Media Center Edition 2005 Unit Price $2,399.00
Dell Home Customers: 45% off select Inspirons over $1299!
LIMITED TIME OFFER! Remove Coupon
- $1,079.55
Catalog Number: 29
Module Description Show Details
Inspiron 9300 Intel® Pentium® M Processor 740 (1.73 GHz/2MB Cache/533MHz FSB)
Operating System Microsoft® Windows® XP Media Center Edition 2005
Display 17 inch UltraSharp™ Wide Screen UXGA Display with TrueLife™
Memory 512MB Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 533MHz 2 Dimm
Video Card 128MB ATIs™ Mobility Radeon™ X300
Hard Drive 60GB Hard Drive
Network Card Integrated 10/100 Network Card and Modem
Adobe Software Adobe® Acrobat® Reader 6.0
CD/DVD Drives 8x CD/DVD burner (DVD+/-RW) with double-layer DVD+R write capability
Wireless Networking Card Intel® PRO/Wireless 2200 Internal Wireless (802.11 b/g, 54Mbps)
Office Productivity Software Microsoft Office Basic - Includes Word, Excel, and Outlook email
Security Software McAfee Security Center with VirusScan, Firewall, Spyware Removal, 36-months
Digital Music Musicmatch® Jukebox Basic
Primary Battery 6-cell Lithium Ion Primary Battery (53 WHr)
Limited Warranty, Services and Support Options 3Yr Ltd Warr,At-Home Service,and Tech Support plus Nights and Weekends
Dial-Up Internet Access 6 Months of America Online Membership Included
Digital Imaging Photo Album™ SE Basic
Miscellaneous Award Winning Service, Support
Financial Software No QuickBooks package selected - includes limited use trial
TOTAL:$1,319.45
Old 09-13-2005, 04:00 PM

Never buy a dell laptop without one of the sweet coupon codes. They get released every week on gotapex.com and fatwallet.com so wait around for a good one.

The 1gig of memory will make your laptop really fast. Do you really need a 80gig drive?

Just realize this laptop is one of the bigger larger models. Some people don't care, but some other people want portable light laptops. Its just personal preference. Just look up the dimensions and weight before buying. I own a 600m and even though it is not wide screen, I love its light weight and size.
Old 09-13-2005, 05:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Never buy a dell laptop without one of the sweet coupon codes. They get released every week on gotapex.com and fatwallet.com so wait around for a good one.

The 1gig of memory will make your laptop really fast. Do you really need a 80gig drive?

Just realize this laptop is one of the bigger larger models. Some people don't care, but some other people want portable light laptops. Its just personal preference. Just look up the dimensions and weight before buying. I own a 600m and even though it is not wide screen, I love its light weight and size.

[/ QUOTE ]

If he's gonna 4-table with no overlap, his only options at dell are the 6000 and the 9300 if I'm not mistaken. Need that 1600+ x 1200+ resolution...