Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Bonuses

Old 09-06-2005, 10:14 AM

Default Any Advise for Bonus Whoring??

Hi All

I think I'm missing something during bonus whoring time. I primarily play 3/6 on party,paradise,ultimatebet, and stars. When running poor will drop to 2/4, and occasionally take a shot at5/10.

ok here's my question. When depositing into these sites for bonuses, should i drop and play much lower limits just to clear my bonus or should i stick with 3/6?

The reason i ask, is inevitably when i make the deposit, i will 3 table at 3/6( which is normal, and i'm about a 2xbb/100 winner at this level) and with the bonus either break even or lose during this period(which defeats the purpose)

I understand that the competition gets greater because more good players are trying to clear, but this is the reason for my original question. SHould i drop to lower limits? Or is there something else i'm missing??

Any advise is appreciated

thank you
Old 09-06-2005, 10:39 AM

Default Re: Any Advise for Bonus Whoring??

You should play your normal game.

Dont let the fact you are clearing a bonus change anything about the way you play.

When I first stumbled upon bonuswhoring, I changed my entire style and went from concentrating on winning by only playing poker, to trying not to lose money playing poker only to clear a bonus. This change happened without me realizing it.

Play your normal game, and things will work out A-ok. (since you say you are a winning player without bonuses)

You are playing to make money, you are not playing not to lose money.
Old 09-06-2005, 10:52 AM

Default Re: Any Advise for Bonus Whoring??

you're probably right, i will review pt to see if i'm playing tighter than normal

thanks