Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Computer Technical Help

Old 08-15-2005, 11:26 AM

Default PostgreSQL for Pokertracker messed up Mozilla

Hopefully someone here knows how to help. I searched all over Mozilla's help files but couldn't find anything. Last night I installed PostgreSQL for pokertracker. The next time I started Mozilla I got a menu that I had never seen before asking to set which user for Mozilla. Apparently the normal one was "in use" (I had PT running). Since it wouldn't let me start I just created a new profile. Every time I started Mozilla it would now bring up the menu so I checked the box that prevents it from coming up on start-up. Unfortunately I just found out that the new profile has none of my old setting or bookmarks. Is there any way of recovering the old profile?
Old 08-15-2005, 12:50 PM

Default Re: PostgreSQL for Pokertracker messed up Mozilla

c:/documents and settings/username/application data/mozilla/profiles
delete the one that was modified last (or copy it somewhere else just in case it is the profile you want to keep, so you can just copy it back if it is)
you might have to change setting to display hidden files if you haven't already
if that happens again its not a postgresql problem, that was probably just a coincidence. if it happens click cancel - then ctrl alt del - and under processes look for mozilla.exe (or firefox.exe) and end the process that way
start again and you should be fine
Old 08-19-2005, 02:47 PM

Default Re: PostgreSQL for Pokertracker messed up Mozilla

Is this "new" PT ready for use by everybody now, or should we just keep using our "old" technology PT? Thanks