Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Bonuses

Old 08-04-2005, 11:03 AM

Default Question for the BW Folks... and others

I just did a search of Prima Poker and came across about 20 sites. Does anyone play at any of these other sites? For a while I thought that BW was a site that investigated how stable and reliable a poker site was. I have come to understand that it is just an affiliate like many others. The question is, how is the reputation of the other sites not listed on BW's Prima section?

Thanks
Old 08-04-2005, 11:10 AM

Default Re: Question for the BW Folks... and others

IMO, the bigger ones (TGC, RV, 365 and a few others I forget) should all be fine. It's the other ones I'd be wary of.
Old 08-04-2005, 02:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I just did a search of Prima Poker and came across about 20 sites. Does anyone play at any of these other sites? For a while I thought that BW was a site that investigated how stable and reliable a poker site was. I have come to understand that it is just an affiliate like many others. The question is, how is the reputation of the other sites not listed on BW's Prima section?

Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

BW is an affiliate site, but we pride ourselves on providing non-biased reviews of the sites that are listed. All of the data gathered on the reviews is objective, solid information from hard data (clearance charts, overlays, qame quality rankings, customer service reports etc). Even the popular Bonus whoring 101 guide is done with bonus whores in mind, and not profit! This explains why easy to clear bonuses like the Party skins, Cryptos and Primas are listed so high in the guide and the first sites to whore. If profit was our main concern, Full Tilt, Noble Poker and Games Grid would probably be our choices. I find it suspicious that other whoring sites have these shitty bonuses at the top of their site.

The only thing requirement of the BW101 is that it maintains consistent with the rest of the site (this is why Multipoker is not listed).

BTW, most of the other Primas are reputable, although we wont offically endorse a site until it is listed on BW. We plan on eventually adding most of the remaining Primas to BW, but we are in the process of adding other networks and sites before doing so.
Old 08-04-2005, 03:10 PM

but we pride ourselves on providing non-biased reviews of the sites that are listed

hi gonzo.

are you affiliated with bw? i never knew that. i always assumed you were just a devoted poster. can you clarify please?

tia
Old 08-04-2005, 03:32 PM

Hey Granny,

I've been a member of the BW forums since the first day. Last October, I was hired by Jek to handle the tournament database, promotions and a few other miscellaneous things (basically the things Jek didn't want to do anymore [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] ). In March, my responsibilities increased to handle most of the content that you see on the site (everything from maintaining the BW101, site reviews, adding new sites etc) and taking a more active role in new features added to the site. So if you think the BW site has gone down hill lately, it's probably my fault. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-04-2005, 03:39 PM

So if you think the BW site has gone down hill lately

heh. to be honest, i have been so busy that i have not had time to keep up over there. hence my NOT knowing of your affiliation.

i have no problems with this at all. i just was curious. i think it is good that there are other people here to answer questions and not just jek. it is hard to moderate 24hours a day. imo, you should be made green. posts like the party poker freeroll code are obviously still there because jek has not gotten to it yet. if you were green, it would be gone by now. posts like that should be removed asap imo.

thx for the clarification on your affiliation

edit:

offending post gone while i typed this. good job guys.