Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Probability
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-31-2005, 01:47 AM

Default Odds of Flopping Various Hands

OK, I have been trying to figure out the odds of flopping various hands when holding J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]10[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. I have found it very difficult to complete this project. However, if I could get help with this, I believe it would greatly improve both my mathematical aptitude and poker skill. The hands I am looking to improve to with the flop are:

Flush and Straight Draws:
8-out flush draw
Four to a flush
Straight flush draw

Pairs, Trips, Boats, Quads:
Top pair
Two pair
Three of a kind
Full house
Four of a kind

Made Straights and Flushes:
Straight
Flush
Straight flush

My biggest problem has been double counting certain outcomes when determining overall odds. That's why I decided to split it up into groups. Inclusion/exclusion only applies within the group. So if a certain flop makes both top pair and a flush draw, it counts in both sections, since they are in different groups. However, if the flop came K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], it would only count under straight flush draws...

Thank you much.
Old 07-31-2005, 01:47 PM

Default Re: Odds of Flopping Various Hands

[ QUOTE ]
OK, I have been trying to figure out the odds of flopping various hands when holding J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]10[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. I have found it very difficult to complete this project. However, if I could get help with this, I believe it would greatly improve both my mathematical aptitude and poker skill. The hands I am looking to improve to with the flop are:

Flush and Straight Draws:
8-out flush draw
Four to a flush
Straight flush draw

Pairs, Trips, Boats, Quads:
Top pair
Two pair
Three of a kind
Full house
Four of a kind

Made Straights and Flushes:
Straight
Flush
Straight flush

My biggest problem has been double counting certain outcomes when determining overall odds. That's why I decided to split it up into groups. Inclusion/exclusion only applies within the group. So if a certain flop makes both top pair and a flush draw, it counts in both sections, since they are in different groups. However, if the flop came K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], it would only count under straight flush draws...

Thank you much.

[/ QUOTE ]

Start with this post and follow the links.