Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Computer Technical Help
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-29-2005, 04:25 PM

Default Anyone freezing on HP Pavillion laptop?

I have a HP Pavillion laptop (not sure about the exact model number) that I bought about 8 months ago. Soon after I bought it, I started having freezing problems on it whenever I played poker. I play on Party, Empire, and Eurobet. At first I thought it might be some kind of a virus problem so I went and used HJT (hi jack this) which I've used before successfully to clean my other computers.

I'm pretty sure my computer is clean, but I can't figure out why it freezes whenever I play poker on it. It's fine when I do other things, but it's only when I'm playing poker that it freezes... which implies that there's something with the Party skins software that's causing this, but this can't be true since they run fine on other computers.

So can there be something about Party skins software when running on whatever hardware/software that's on HP Pavillion that's causing this chronic freezing problem?
Old 07-29-2005, 04:27 PM

Default Re: Anyone freezing on HP Pavillion laptop?

try reformatting.
Old 07-29-2005, 04:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
try reformatting.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sorry, but I don't understand what that is.

Is that when you insert a cd that comes with the computer that basically wipes everything out and gets your computer to the state that it was in when you first bought it?
Old 07-30-2005, 03:19 PM

Service Pack 2 helped some but the biggest improvement was getting a fanpack for the laptop to sit on.

Went from hourly freezeups, to freezeups every 3 hours, to freezeups every other day.