Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Computer Technical Help

Old 07-27-2005, 06:01 AM

Default Anyone have this problem with All things relating to Partypoker?

Hi all,

Yesterday I started having the following problem - All my internet stuff works (web browsing, pokerstars, UB, and POP3 email but none of my Partypoker/Skins applications work. Also, there are 2 web addresses I can't access - www.partypoker.com and the secure area of empirepoker.

My ISP has assured me they are not blocking me from accessing Partypoker and a representative from EmpirePoker has emailed me that they have not banned me but can't speak for PartyPoker or Eurobet. Partypoker has been helping me through technical support and have told me verbally (but not via email) that I have not been banned from the site. I just spoke to Eurobet and they have assured me I am not banned.

Any ideas out there as to what is going on? This is not a firewall issue and I have been playing on this connection regularly for months.

Thanks,

John
Old 07-27-2005, 11:06 AM

Default Re: Anyone have this problem with All things relating to Partypoker?

[ QUOTE ]

Hi all,

Yesterday I started having the following problem - All my internet stuff works (web browsing, pokerstars, UB, and POP3 email but none of my Partypoker/Skins applications work. Also, there are 2 web addresses I can't access - www.partypoker.com and the secure area of empirepoker.

My ISP has assured me they are not blocking me from accessing Partypoker and a representative from EmpirePoker has emailed me that they have not banned me but can't speak for PartyPoker or Eurobet. Partypoker has been helping me through technical support and have told me verbally (but not via email) that I have not been banned from the site. I just spoke to Eurobet and they have assured me I am not banned.

Any ideas out there as to what is going on? This is not a firewall issue and I have been playing on this connection regularly for months.

Thanks,

John

[/ QUOTE ]

Type

ping www.partypoker.com

into a command prompt (Start/Run/cmd) and post the results.
Old 07-27-2005, 05:38 PM

Request timed out. But it does resolve thedomain name to 66.212.229.233

Every packet lost.

One more thing - all the computers in my home share a router that we have been using for years. No one connected to the router can connect to anything PartyPoker related. However, if you connect the computer directly to the cable modem then everything works.

Now - this would seem to indicate some sort of firewall as to why the Party clients don't work. But it doesn't explain why the www.partypoker.com and empirepoker web sites do not work. Plus, there is no firewall and I opened ports 2047 and 2147 to make sure the clients weren't blocked.
Thanks for any help out there.
Old 07-27-2005, 06:52 PM

Router problem. Restart it. It that doesn't work, reset it to factory settings (recessed button on back?) and reconfigure from scratch. The fact that you can connect ok by bypassing the router isolates the source of the problem without doubt.
Old 07-27-2005, 09:33 PM

Hey Troll,

Thanks for the advice and yeah I did reset it to factory defaults and reconfigured it. It does the same thing.

Would a router problem explain why I can't reach the web site? I understand how it would affect a Poker client program but having only 2 websites out of countless being unreachable seems to indicate some sort of deliberate blocking doesn't it?

For example if someone was blocking my connection but then I switched from using a router to directly using my cable modem is it possible whoever is blocking me wouldn't be able to tell who I was because I had changed my Internet access method?

John
Old 07-30-2005, 12:56 PM

I dont have that specific problem, but minimizing any PP windows (including buddy list, tables, hand history etc...) takes 3-5 seconds. Can get frustrating at times when multitabling.