Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > The Stock Market
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-25-2005, 10:20 PM

Default WPTE

It seems that WPT's online card room (wptonline.com) news went overlooked and then all this Doyle crap has gotten in the way.

The price is still falling after the bid but this online site looks great, will have great marketing and great promotions to WPT.

[ QUOTE ]
"They have great growth potential for their online business, but that just launched last week. WPT has a great brand and high earnings potential because it can leverage the television show, but it's still unproven. My growth projection calls for 75% growth in earnings per year. I believe if it can capture just 1% of the world-wide poker market, that would add 50 cents incrementally to fully taxed earning per share. Now it's not taxed. When you combine online gaming with all of its other initiatives, I think a 75% growth rate is achievable and may even be conservative." (Mangini doesn't own shares of WPT Enterprises; ThinkEquity Partners doesn't have an investment-banking relationship with the company.)

[/ QUOTE ]

So decent company with a medium-long shot chance at becoming the size of partypoker? Thoughts?
Old 07-26-2005, 04:01 AM

Default Re: WPTE

I put 40% of my non retirement risk funds into wpte this month, so far im feeling pretty confident about them, my thinking it the website is only 1 more reason to own this stock, I see 3 years down the line online poker being legal and regulated in the usa and wpt site nearly as big as party if so were rich [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-26-2005, 10:25 AM

What is their edge?

There are many online poker rooms, why will players flock to the WPT site and put it past many of these already established sites?

You can hear an interview with the CEO on Wallst.net
Old 07-26-2005, 01:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There are many online poker rooms, why will players flock to the WPT site and put it past many of these already established sites?

[/ QUOTE ]

Wasn't it WPT advertising that brought Party into the #1 position? If anything, shouldn't WPT advertising and branding do even better?
Old 07-26-2005, 02:01 PM

I just checked out the site. It has 6 real money games going, all of them microlimit. How much do you think their interest in this site is worth?

To give you an idea... I see that their partner in the site, WagerWorks, is being valued at $50 million. Of course, unlike WPTE, they actually run a very successful and profitable business beyond the WPT Online site. Grand Virtual, which actually runs a successful poker site, was sold last year for $35 million. Why do you think WPTE is worth so much more?

[ QUOTE ]

So decent company with a medium-long shot chance at becoming the size of partypoker? Thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you should read Barry Greenstein's chapter on poker players who think they are stock market geniuses.
Old 07-26-2005, 03:14 PM

I trust Steve Lipscomb's evaluation of his own company more that I trust my own or anyone else. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

http://finance.yahoo.com/q/it?s=WPTE

Also, sorry if my posts come off as insulting. I get really worked up over this stock for some reason.
Old 07-26-2005, 03:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I trust Steve Lipscomb's evaluation of his own company more that I trust my own or anyone else.

[/ QUOTE ]

Translation... in the last year he's sold down his stake in the company from 2.4 million shares to 1.6 million shares (a 33% reduction).
Old 07-26-2005, 04:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wasn't it WPT advertising that brought Party into the #1 position? If anything, shouldn't WPT advertising and branding do even better?

[/ QUOTE ]

WPT advertising may have helped jumpstart Party, but I don't think it was the only thing. Their initial AOL like send everyone in the world a CD with your software campaign at the beginning also played a huge factor in its early days.
Old 07-26-2005, 04:12 PM

By my math, he has sold over 1.9 million of his shares. Are these the actions of a man that believes that WPTE will grow into a multi-billion dollar company?
Old 07-26-2005, 04:17 PM

According to the Party Gaming prospectus, 87% of their business comes from the US. How will WPT Online fare against the hundreds of other poker sites when they are shut off from 87% of the market?

Check it out for yourself: WPT Online