Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 03-01-2003, 01:19 PM

Default tiger woods..he the man....

[img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] just amazing how controlled and excellent tiger is on a consistent basis...he is a phenomenon to marvel at....lol..gl [img]/forums/images/icons/diamond.gif[/img]
Old 03-01-2003, 02:07 PM

Default Re: tiger woods..he the man....

Yeah, not too bad this morning. Still some matches left though. He's the clear favorite though.
Old 03-01-2003, 08:52 PM

Default Tiger\'s Escape!

Boy, Butch Harmon & Curtis Strange are right; Adam Scott IS a pretty pitiful short putter for a 22 year old pro. Yipped three shorties agin TW. Kid's a great long putter, tho, and has a carbon coby swing of HIM. Kid showed a lot of nad when he birdied 17 after HE stiffed his tee shot.

Toms nearly let it get away, but showed his experience. He looks like he's aged ten years after the food poisoning. Tiger should roll tomorrow, but who knows?

BTW you were right about Mrs Cink, I caught their commercial during the match. [img]/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img] I've tried to find a pic of Mrs Mayfair, but the only one I saw was lousy. Ken Venturi couldn't stop drooling during Mayfair's playoff win over Tiger at the '98 Nissan. [img]/forums/images/icons/blush.gif[/img]

Of course, Billy Mayfair'd be a babe magnet, wealthy pro golfer or not. [img]/forums/images/icons/cool.gif[/img] BTW I love Mayfair, always root for him. Didja see the picture of him working out next to that hottie college or LPGA pro in USA Today last week? [img]/forums/images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]
Old 03-01-2003, 10:26 PM

Default Re: Tiger\'s Escape!

Nope missed it. Billy Mayfair a babe magnet???????? Amazing what a Tour card and mansion in a warm climate will get you. Elin looking very good in jeans next to Kultida this morning. [img]/forums/images/icons/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 03-02-2003, 03:34 AM

If Tiger wins tomorrow, he will have 36 tour wins, which would put him tied with Lloyd Mangrum for 11th all-time.

Just ahead of him:
11 Lloyd Mangrum 36 wins
9t Tom Watson 39 wins
9t Gene Sarazen 39 wins
7t Walter Hagen 40 wins
7t Cary Middlecoff 40 wins

After next year, only Billy Casper, Byron Nelson, Arnold Palmer, Ben Hogan, Jack Nicklaus, and Sam Snead will be ahead of Tiger. And he'll be only 28 years old.
Old 03-02-2003, 03:41 AM

And its far harder to win now than it was then. That makes it all the more impressive.
Old 03-02-2003, 05:39 AM

[img]/forums/images/icons/wink.gif[/img] city girls just seem to find out early...hey watch the match..lol..gl [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-02-2003, 11:32 AM

2 observations about this post.
1. Tiger plays so well that many of his opponents play like they are intimidated by him, they say they are not but, while they are very good themselves, it is like playing with only 9 fingers to tigers 10.

2. When the PGA Tour added additional money a few years ago(we call it the Tiger fallout) because of increased ratings by the viewers for the new #1 player in the world, all of the regulars on tour make so much money now, not just on the course, but in endorsments, they really are right behind baseball and basketball players for pay at the end of the year, and these guys can't get released from the team because the coach doesn't like them. They do have to maintain their playing privledges based on the money list.
Back to the girls, have you ever seen a professional athlete have a so so looking girlfriend or wife? don't think so, I am sure it happens, but not very often.
Old 03-02-2003, 08:53 PM

Default Kurt Warner\'s wife

Old 03-03-2003, 01:52 AM

Why do you think it's far harder to win now? More foreign players on the tour?

Jack's competition was guys like Palmer, Casper, Boros, Player, Littler, Floyd, Trevino, Miller, Watson, Kite and Wadkins. I've lumped a couple of different eras in there, but I don't see that quality of competition on the tour now.

Having said that, I think Tiger is certainly the best player ever. Not yet the greatest, because that's also a function of overall wins, major wins, and longevity.