Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments

Old 07-20-2005, 11:50 PM

Default When you have bad beats all night.......

... when they crack everything - what do you do? Well, I'll tell what NOT to do! You can't break your mouse. Yes, that's right. Probably you could play without a mouse on PS somehow (disabling chat maybe?), but if you don't know how, don't break your mouse. The mouse is your valuable friend. They say money is poker player's tool. Well, yeah, but if you play online, that freaking little device is your tool, too. I know it's sometimes hard to avoid smashing it. But if you do it, you won't be able to play. You can do many things without a mouse. You can work with your computer, surf the web, you can enjoy reading posts in this forum - and guess what! You can even login and create another bad beat topic, how you were folding aces, queens as a chip leader and you just couldn't do anything about it. And thinking that multitabling can SOMETIMES be a bad thing. But this isn't just a bad beat topic. Oh, no! It has some valuable advice. When you are getting beaten badly, whatever you do (especially if you are chip leader on few tables and second on another) - DON'T break your mouse.
I must get some sleep. Tomorrow is an important day for me. I'm getting a new pointing device. Or two.

P.S. : Can you play poker without the mouse?
Old 07-21-2005, 12:17 AM

Default Re: When you have bad beats all night.......

I've been ITM twice out of 25 SnGs today. After two sets just to check that my luck indeed was so shitty (and losing with KK vs AJ and KJs vs QJ to knock me out of my last two) I decided to call it a day.

Instead I decided to defrost my freezer. I owned that ice.
Old 07-21-2005, 12:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Defrosting freezers beat the hell up of mowing the lawn and other household chores.
Old 07-21-2005, 12:57 AM

Damn, you guys made me spit toothpaste all over my screen laughing [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 07-21-2005, 01:19 AM

2 out of 25? [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] And I thought I was running bad. I just cant seem to win a coinflip... or a 66-33 or a 70-30 or im trying to steal right into AA against the biggest idiot at the table etcetcetcetcetc....;klgfawdgjl'pihar'jkgsuckoutmot herffdlkasgjkl
Old 07-21-2005, 01:22 AM

I thought this was going to be a typical, annoying bad beat post... but this post actually rocked and made me LOL pretty hard IRL!!

I love it, haha. I've almost done teh same thing!
Old 07-21-2005, 01:45 AM

Use a laptop. Bust the mouse all you want. There are two more built in. The nipple and the scroll pad thingy. Depending, of course on your laptop.

I switched to a laptop because it does much less damage to my walls. That big friggin 22" monster monitor I have (the one I gave to my daughter) puts dents in walls like you wouldn't believe. I really need to get to Home Depot and fix up the area I used to play in before going wireless laptop. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Onaflag..........
Old 07-21-2005, 01:52 AM

i had a horrid night last night. im out about 13 sng buy ins. No matter what I had it got cracked. i had QQ cracked by 4 2!!

Personally, I decided I wouldn't start freaking unless it happened today as well, signaling a downswing. Today is a little better than last night so I'm not near smashing my mouse yet. My suggestion, have a 2nd mouse stashed away in case of emergencies [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-21-2005, 02:01 AM

Great post
Old 07-21-2005, 03:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I've been ITM twice out of 25 SnGs today. After two sets just to check that my luck indeed was so shitty (and losing with KK vs AJ and KJs vs QJ to knock me out of my last two) I decided to call it a day.

[/ QUOTE ]

Once I got pissed and broke a chair. Actually, the chair was already broken. But when I was done with it, it was even more broken. I pwn3d that chair.