Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-20-2005, 08:40 PM

Default Bubbling 8s7s Stop-N-Go, Villian likes to miniraise

blinds 100/200, 4-handed, i'm the shortstack with 1133 after posting BB holding 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].

villian has being doing alot of mini-raising (1XBB) as we've gotten shorthanded and he continued along those lines.

villian [3679] mini-raises to 400.

i just really felt like he did'nt have a hand. the chipleader, the SB, and myself had all been alot more aggressive shorthanded usually raising 3XBB, or in my case, pushing all-in. my plan was to STOP-N-GO, calling his mini-raise and pushing the flop. another reason for my decision was a few of my all-in pushes with hands like 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] were folded to him and he would comtemplate, then fold. i felt that, as the shortstack, he would'nt expect me to call an extra 200 unless i had a pp or a hand with overcards.

the flop :J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] rainbow [900]
the flop ends up being better than i thought. baring that villian does'nt have K Q , i can win the pot with four 10s and four 5s with the straight.

i push all-in [933].

thoughts.
Old 07-20-2005, 08:44 PM

Default Re: Bubbling 8s7s Stop-N-Go, Villian likes to miniraise

3 8's and 3 7's also, good for combined 3-4 outs given range for villian (does that work), anyways I like the move, esp. with that flop and he doesnt? call 933 w/o pair or draw which he most of the time won't have.
Question: say your stack is not 1333, but 933 b4 the BB, auto fold, auto push, or stop n go barring horrendous flop? I like stop n go when after calling your stack will be about half the pot. NE guidelines for the stop and go?
Old 07-20-2005, 10:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
blinds 100/200, 4-handed, i'm the shortstack with 1133 after posting BB holding 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].

villian has being doing alot of mini-raising (1XBB) as we've gotten shorthanded and he continued along those lines.

i just really felt like he did'nt have a hand. the chipleader, the SB, and myself had all been alot more aggressive shorthanded usually raising 3XBB, or in my case, pushing all-in. my plan was to STOP-N-GO, calling his mini-raise and pushing the flop. another reason for my decision was a few of my all-in pushes with hands like 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] were folded to him and he would comtemplate, then fold. i felt that, as the shortstack, he would'nt expect me to call an extra 200 unless i had a pp or a hand with overcards.

the flop :J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] rainbow [900]
the flop ends up being better than i thought. baring that villian does'nt have K Q , i can win the pot with four 10s and four 5s with the straight.

i push all-in [933].

thoughts.

[/ QUOTE ]
i make moves like this with trash sometimes. it is dangerous but when it works about the only effective way to deal with loose miniraisers who are also loose callers pf. I prolly woulda made the same move considering the circumstances.
Old 07-21-2005, 06:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

i push all-in [933].

thoughts.

[/ QUOTE ]
i make moves like this with trash sometimes. it is dangerous but when it works about the only effective way to deal with loose miniraisers who are also loose callers pf. I prolly woulda made the same move considering the circumstances.

[/ QUOTE ]

i would'nt catogorize villian as a loose pf raiser. his raises were more exploratory. as stated earlier, me and the other two players- the SB and chipleader- were all more aggressive shorthanded. his raises were more like, "let me raise 1XBB and see what will happen. i'm looking to take the pot down preflop and have no confrontations. if i do get called, then i'll worry about that when it happens". i wanted my STOP-N-GO to be that time that got him to worrying.