Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Computer Technical Help
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-19-2005, 04:20 AM

Default Having wierd problems with my PC after installing crap programs

Hi. On the last day of the ME of WSOP, I installed all kinds of crap on my PC. Now my PC is acting funny. I close down apps and they don't shut down completely and are still open when I look at Task Manager so when I go to open the app again , it tells me that a user is already using it. This has happened with two apps so far. Firefox and IE. While I was on one of the poker sites, (gutshot.com), I was trying to install the new Java and all of a sudden one of the security certificates came up and it asked me if I wanted to install Macromedia Flash 7 but I had no idea why it was asking me this but I said "yes" and it said "system settings have been changed" please restart PC. I was like "oh crap" . I think this was the problem. Should I do a system restore to day before WSOP ? I think I can. What day was the last day of the ME ? Was it Fri or Sat ?
Old 07-19-2005, 06:56 AM

Default Re: Having wierd problems with my PC after installing crap programs

First I'd grab Spybot and Adaware and run them. They're free and will eliminate anything you might have picked up that you didn't want. I have never had problems with Flash versions, but YMMV. If all else fails I'd then consider a restore. Scanning for spyware, ad-crap, and viruses is something you should be doing anyway, so if you aren't, I'd get that going first.
Old 07-20-2005, 01:13 AM

U R FuQ'd.

Try system restore to a couple days before the problems. When that doesn't work, FFR.
Old 07-20-2005, 08:47 AM

The flash software only asked to be installed because either the site you were going to used flash or some adware probably a popup used flash. Flash doesn't normally give me problems its the other stuff but you might be able to uninstall it through add/remove programs. I just never install it and do without the flash graphics. If a system restore is easy and unlikely you will lose anything do it, but there is probably a way to remove problems with ad-aware, spybot, and uninstallign programs, but remember to get everything off the machine by editng the registry and manually deleting out of folders like program files afte the uninstall.