Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments

Old 07-15-2005, 10:33 PM

Default HU: chipleader Kc 7c What\'s your move?

blinds 100/200

if villian has been paying enough attention, he should know that i've been playing tight-aggressive poker- i've definitely been paying attention to him. villian likes to limp in on the SB with any kind of hand and my plan was to bluff raise my BB to keep him honest. the last couple of hands i have just checked to the flop with mostly BS.

hero 7805 after posting 200 (K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img])
villian 5295 after limping extra 100 in SB (hand: ?)

i raise to 600 and villian calls.

flop comes: 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]10 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

i check.

villian bets all-in 4895.
Old 07-15-2005, 10:40 PM

Default Re: HU: chipleader Kc 7c What\'s your move?

You were checking planning to CR all-in, right? Tough spot... I'd fold, but that might be wrong...
Old 07-15-2005, 10:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You were checking planning to CR all-in, right? Tough spot... I'd fold, but that might be wrong...

[/ QUOTE ]

CR the flop yes, but not all-in. i felt villian would make a stab bet at the pot- say 600; i did'nt think he would bet all-in.
Old 07-15-2005, 11:04 PM

No telling what he has here, but most of the time he'll have a pair, and you'll be behind. If he's the all-in on a small pot type of guy, you can find a better spot.
Old 07-15-2005, 11:43 PM

Default i called

reason: i did'nt put villian on a very good hand, preflop or on the flop. his all-in bet told me that he wanted to win the pot right there and did'nt want to be called. this did'nt smell like a set, the nut flush draw, or TPTK. if he had any kind of hand, why overbet so much all-in? if he has Ace x clubs, why not kick behind and set a trap if another club falls? even AA-JJ does'nt seem likely. i like my chances with 9 club outs.

comments.
Old 07-15-2005, 11:59 PM

If the blinds were 400/800-600/1200, I'd take my presumed 12 outs, gamble and call. Here, I would fold. Having said that, I would have also taken the opportunity (with small blinds and a big stack) to open on the flop. Another T1000 bet on the flop will still leave you plenty. I understand you planned to CR, but how many times do we see (or do ourselves) a PFraised-checked-flop pushed by PFraise-caller? Keep the pressure on and lead out IMO.
Old 07-16-2005, 12:02 AM

You lead at the pot on the flop, that's what you do. Checking just puts you in this place where you have to make a hard decision. Make him have the hard decision!

Whether I call depends on the player. You probably have 12 outs twice but against some you are way ahead and some others you are way behind, so it depends.
Old 07-16-2005, 12:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You lead at the pot on the flop, that's what you do. Checking just puts you in this place where you have to make a hard decision. Make him have the hard decision!

Whether I call depends on the player. You probably have 12 outs twice but against some you are way ahead and some others you are way behind, so it depends.

[/ QUOTE ]

so, based on his bet all-in and my call, do you think i am way behind or close? based on my read, i don't think i'm way ahead, i think i'm close.
Old 07-16-2005, 12:18 AM

[just butting in here....]

i would say you are most certainly behind here to probably just a pair. i would guess that you have 2x12 clean outs. reasonable call to seal the deal here [opinions in my OP still stand].
Old 07-16-2005, 12:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[just butting in here....]

i would say you are most certainly behind here to probably just a pair. i would guess that you have 2x12 clean outs. reasonable call to seal the deal here [opinions in my OP still stand].

[/ QUOTE ]

you don't think that villian is capable of all-in bluffing this flop?
say i had raised with A Ko instead, i have obviously messed my flop right? let's say that villian has A Ko, following my check on the flop. if i don't have a [decent] pair or a flush draw, then he may think a hand like A Ko is good. betting all-in means that i'm only calling with a hand that is already ahead of his or has a decent chance of improving.