Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Computer Technical Help

Old 06-22-2005, 07:46 AM

Default monitor question...

Ok, so I broke down and bought a 2001FP. Couldn't be happier with the purchase. 4 tables is so much easier without overlap and the added desk space is nice. In a few months I will probably be ready to add some more tables, so here is my question:

I have a laptop that has a VGA output and an S-Video output. Is it possible to hook up 2 2001FPs to my laptop, running one off of each output since they have both kinds of inputs? I know I am not getting the best picture with VGA, but I was figuring that just for poker this set-up would work well if it was possible and for watching movies/playing games/anything else where I want the better picture, I could hook up one of the monitors to my desktop's DVI. I know some, but not a lot about computers, so, possible? Thanks in advance.
Old 06-24-2005, 08:43 PM

Default Re: monitor question...

I think S-video is only 640x480 resolution or something like that. It is mainly for watching DVDs on your TV using your computer. My computer and video card are both old, but when I enable S-video to use with my computer, that's the only resolution available. My guess is it won't work.
Old 06-25-2005, 01:14 AM

Default Re: monitor question...

short answer: no

slightly longer answer: no, because the DSUB and SVIDEO outputs are the same "head"... most laptops can do the internal and *one* of the outputs.