Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-14-2001, 04:03 PM

Default Boston - home of the peaceful?

One of the aeroplanes used in Tuesday's attack was hijacked from (or just out of) Boston airport.

This would be same Boston which is a hotbed of Noraid support. How many of those supporters will now start to realise the misery their contributions have caused within the UK? The same UK which both directly and as a member of NATO has pledged to support the USA after this week's events.

Its about time some people woke up to the fact that the USA is also a sponsor of international terrorism (and that also includes the mujahadeen in Afghanistan).

(In the interests of balance here I will also point out that there was (scheduled) a major arms fair inthe UK this week, where the potential client will mostly be third world despots (but don't worry, they're friendly (to us if not their own citizens) this week).)
Old 09-14-2001, 04:32 PM

Default Re: Boston - home of the peaceful?

Iain,

US foreign policy is now under the looking glass of every American. Our foreign policy must adapt from the cold war mentatility. Understand that no country is perfect and even if it gets better there will still be mistakes made. Since this issue has come up in such a terrible public way the government really has no choice but to address their past mistakes. They should very easily understand the great consequences of any failure.

Zach
Old 09-14-2001, 04:50 PM

Iain,

One more thing Iain: Do you think that Bostonians deserved what they received? You are acting like they weren't innocents. I think you easily fail to grasp our perspective. I don't think I would have the stomach to say some sweeping generalization about a city in your country like that. Are you so foolish as to think everyone in Boston is in support of Noraid? Do you have any idea how many people in Boston support Noraid? Do you have any idea how many of those people on the plane we even FROM Boston? I agree with what you said about the US supporting terrorism but I think you are saying some very harsh things about my countrymen. This is a very dangerous way to generalize and I think you might want to think of the children on that plane that will never grow up.

Zach
Old 09-15-2001, 07:18 AM

Not at all. My greatest concern at the moment is that the US will start indiscriminately killing people, and this cycle of violence will be invigorated rather than broken.

However I have been offended by US support through Noraid for many years, and wonder how many (particularly in the Boston area) will recognise the parallels, and maybe change their thinking.