Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments

Old 05-19-2005, 04:08 PM

Default Satellite tournament structures?

I know the WSOP site lists the tournament structure, but would also like to know the structure of the one table satellites they run for the minor tournaments - blind levels/times etc.

Thanks.
Old 05-19-2005, 04:11 PM

Default Re: Satellite tournament structures?

i don't know if this is likely the best place for you to go looking for that information. the mtt forum, brick and mortar forum, the phone book to call the rio, and google are all likely better resources. in conclusion, i don't know.

citanul
Old 05-19-2005, 04:16 PM

Thanks, sorry to bother you with a question about single table satellites in a single table tournament forum. I will look for a more receptive outlet for my questions.

Sorry again.
Old 05-19-2005, 04:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks, sorry to bother you with a question about single table satellites in a single table tournament forum. I will look for a more receptive outlet for my questions.

Sorry again.

[/ QUOTE ]

sweet jimminy christmas, my reply didn't mean that i think that your question was stupid and out of place, and i don't think i was insultory in that particular post either. i was simply informing you that the information would likely be much more readilly found in a variety of other places that are not this forum. and also, expressed my doubt that you would find much help with your question in this forum at all.

citanul
Old 05-19-2005, 04:21 PM

jeeebus, you really have got this forum under control. when people respond to you its all "ok, sorry to bother you, im an idiot i know, I'm sorry again"
Old 05-19-2005, 04:24 PM

Thanks. I figured maybe I would see if this was a better outlet than RGP for meaningful information, and when I found a 'single table tournament' forum under the heading 'tournaments' I thought I was in luck.

My apologies were sarcastic however the intent behind it was not.
Old 05-19-2005, 04:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
jeeebus, you really have got this forum under control. when people respond to you its all "ok, sorry to bother you, im an idiot i know, I'm sorry again"

[/ QUOTE ]

i think that he was being somewhat sarcastic, but hopefully by next time he'll know better.

i decided when i got out of bed today after my really crazy dream, and quickly lost my first 5 200s, that i would instead of profitting today, bitch, i would instead impose my total pwn3rship, or something, on this forum, for a while.

citanul
Old 05-19-2005, 04:28 PM

I'm kind of the opposite, on days when there is no profitting (like today so far... quite the opposite of profitting) I don't feel too good about coming on here and telling people "MISPLAYED ON ALL STREETS!!!1"
Old 05-19-2005, 04:29 PM

your sarcasm goes duly noted. you'd make a good addition likely around here. welcome to the forum. i'm sorry that i didn't have more to add to your question's answer, but i honestly do believe that the other forums on here, if not directly calling the people running the tournaments, are the way to go.

particularly i would guess that there are more people in the mtt (multi table tournaments) forum who play those particular tournaments, as they are hoping to play the mtt that follows, not just the 1-tt.

good luck in your search.

citanul

ps: you were very right that twoplustwo in general is a good place to go for more meaningful info than RGP. sadly, even on this site, you have to deal with some real dicks from time to time to get good info.
Old 05-19-2005, 04:31 PM

bah, i didn't really want to come in and do the whole "you play bat" thing. i was honestly more interested in getting a few good threadsd going, pushing some more theoretical, useful discussions, and providing insight into what people should be thinking about when they look at a hand, instead of just "fold, push."

i hope that i haven't misplayed that on all streets.

also i haven't been doing too much posting at all lately, and i wanted to get back in the groove. or something.

citanul