Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-19-2005, 09:56 AM

Default BB special

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t300 (4 handed) converter

UTG (t2595)
Button (t2935)
SB (t2470)
Hero (t2000)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls t300, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero checks.

Flop: (t750) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets t900</font>

This is a 109. The villian had gotten a lot of his stack with AA in the early levels.

On levels 3 through 6, I noted that he had been limping/min-raising/3xbb raising on a few occasions. This had been pissing me off. I didn't think he was especially bad, just unorthodox.

On the flops, I'd seen him check down 2nd pair, min-bet a couple times with no show, and overbet with no show.

He had made a couple of allegedly big laydowns against me earlier. I raised 3xbb with AQ at 50/100 and he called from BB. Flop was AAJ. I waited until the river to bet 500 (I suck). He folded and claimed JT. I showed AQ.
Old 05-19-2005, 10:01 AM

Default Re: BB special

I am not a 109 player, but if this happened at the 22s or 33s, I think I would have to push with my stack size here.
Old 05-19-2005, 10:08 AM

I would have pushed the flop and been happy if he folded.

Only 98 more responses and you get another flame. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-19-2005, 10:13 AM

I like the check. But only if you think he'll bet when he missed most of the time &amp; you intend to CR all-in.

Otherwise just lead out. And if you're leading there are plenty of turn cards you don't like so I think you have to overbet it, so you might as well push. You'll often get some loose 2nd pair type calls playing it this way too.
Old 05-19-2005, 10:15 AM

Out of curiosity, do you think he would have bet this large with JT (or 56)? I don't. I think he would have bet t300. In fact, I think he would have bet this much with a hand like 67.
Old 05-19-2005, 10:46 AM

From his perspective, you could easily have hit that flop with your two random BB cards, and he overbets the pot. He could have nothing, but he could very easily have AA, especially if you PVS'd someone at this table or another one he played against you at in the past.

Fold.
Old 05-19-2005, 11:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
From his perspective, you could easily have hit that flop with your two random BB cards, and he overbets the pot. He could have nothing, but he could very easily have AA, especially if you PVS'd someone at this table or another one he played against you at in the past.

Fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Interesting.

I remember this hand PVS. It was vs the [censored]. (watch him be a forum member).
Old 05-19-2005, 11:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

I doubt he'd seen me before since I'm pretty new to the 109s and I had no notes on him.

I'd actually gotten my chips early by tripling up with AA. Since then, I really hadn't done anything maniac-like.
Old 05-19-2005, 11:52 AM

the only reason i would ever check this flop would be to try to checkraise all in.

citanul
Old 05-19-2005, 11:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
the only reason i would ever check this flop would be to try to checkraise all in.

citanul

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe too much credit to villain but it seems he sensed that on PVS's part...