Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-19-2005, 07:23 AM

Default unusual bad beat. Thought it was interesting

Now everyone talks about the quality of play as you progress. I don't believe it. I think the fish (myself included) run the gamot. It's just a bankroll issue. Not quality of play. Now I really felt like there was a good chance I was beat here, so you can flame me all you want for not raising more preflop, or that I should have laid this down. But I bet out knowing I was either way ahead or way behind. What was really interesting was what he had.

Very first hand.
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t15 (10 handed) converter

UTG (t800)
Hero (t800)
UTG+2 (t800)
MP1 (t800)
MP2 (t800)
MP3 (t800)
CO (t800)
Button (t800)
SB (t800)
BB (t800)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t70</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP2 calls t70, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, BB calls t55.

Flop: (t220) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t300</font>, MP2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to t730 (All-In)</font>, Hero calls t430 (All-In).

Turn: (t1680) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 2 all-in)</font>

River: (t1680) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 2 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: t1680

Take a guess. I'll make it alittle easier for you and tell you "he had no spade". lol

Later,
Rick
Old 05-19-2005, 07:32 AM

Default Re: unusual bad beat. Thought it was interesting

This doesnt seem all that interesting.
Old 05-19-2005, 07:36 AM

i guarantee u will get ZERO sympathy from ANYONE on this forum. period. you bet way too much on the flop. thats YOUR mistake. this is a CHECKABLE flop. feel free to even check fold. your hand is very weak right now. interesting as to what he had? 56 with the 5 or spades and nutted up. WHO CARES. you make money off of bad people. get used to it. when you drop 20+ buyins IN A ROW, then you are allowed to make a bad beat post. holla
Old 05-19-2005, 07:39 AM

first of all, you butchered this hand. second of all, there is no such thing as an interesting bad beat.

Why would you want to raise more preflop? (if you say to avoid having you AA lose, you are wrong to do so) There is no reason to go superaggressive on this flop, you don't have that good of a hand. There is nothing wrong with trying to win the pot cheaply or trying to get to showdown cheaply. Including the possibility of checking after a preflop raise, *gasp*.
Old 05-19-2005, 07:40 AM

Raptor. Wasn't looking for sympathy. When I put my money in I really didn't think it would be a true "bad beat". I expected to get beat by the flush or at least be up against a good draw. The guy flipped over TJ no spades. Just thought that was comical. No need to get your panties in a wad.

Later,
Rick
Old 05-19-2005, 07:43 AM

lol, panties in a wad? you come to the wrong forum for sympathy. im not berating you. im telling you that if you get YOUR panties in a wad over something like THIS, you have a LOT to learn about poker. holla
Old 05-19-2005, 07:44 AM

How is this interesting? You both played it recklessly.
Old 05-19-2005, 07:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
But I bet out knowing I was either way ahead or way behind.

[/ QUOTE ]

oh, as an aside, as i am much more thorough after reading a post 1305809216809 times. there are very FEW hands you are way ahead of here, just so you know. any pair with a flush draw is pretty much even money agianst yer red aces. just so you know for next time. holla
Old 05-19-2005, 07:49 AM

Nick, agree with you on raising more. I didn't think I should. I have just seen people on here say to raise more preflop. If I had bet less on this flop someone would have complained that I didn't bet enough. It was the very first hand. I overbet hoping to take the pot right there with the knowledge I was probably beat. I just figured if I was beat by the flopped flush or straight, I'd fire up another game. But if I wasn't, they were going to pay dearly for the draw. I was perfectly fine with that choice. I had no desire to get to a showdown cheaply on that flop. Way too many draws. I figured unless I folded I was getting my money in with my aces WHILE I HAD A GOOD CHANCE OF BEING AHEAD. What he reraised all-in was what I found interesting. That's what I thought was unusual.

Man
Old 05-19-2005, 07:56 AM

wow. i dont even know how to respond to this. ok, so i have had a rough evening, so im going to be a bit harsh. i apologize in advance since im such a nice guy and all. WTF WERE YOU THINKING. you contradict yourself like 26 times in yer paragraph. you pretty much explain how you want to lose your money, over and over again.

why would you 'try to take the pot right there with the knowledge you were probably beat?' in the level you play at, any hand that beats aces here, DOES NOT FOLD. period. you are throwing your money away for that. dont take this the wrong way. im not trying to just be mean and flame a noob. im helping to improve your game. and it will. PLAY THIS HAND SLOW. you only get action when beat. its not worth throwing away your money. holla