Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-10-2001, 03:32 PM

Default Shufflemaster PLUNGES to 14.01! READ THIS!

All of the messages from around June 10 - Aug 27 are MISSING from the Stock Market forum and archives! This is the time frame where Sklansky tried to urge everyone to buy up shufflemaster and where he admitted that he had purchased tens of thousands of options at various strike prices.

Why are these messages now missing?

BTW, I hope those were PUT options you bought - with strike prices around 10-15! HA HA HA!

Old 09-10-2001, 04:06 PM

Default Re: Shufflemaster PLUNGES to 14.01! READ THIS!

Sklansky never said he bought the options, he said he had them. They were probably compensation for services rendered. When I initially read his post I bout 1000 shares. It went to 21 and I had to sell to make a real estate purchases. I have no problem with this. Why do you?
Old 09-11-2001, 02:54 AM

Default Re: Shufflemaster PLUNGES to 14.01! READ THIS!

I honestly think the decline in SHFL is related to macro economic considerations more than the long term prospects of earnings for this particular company. There's something called market risk and there's something called individual company risk. How is SHFL's stock doing in relation to it's competitors over the time period specified? How is SHFL's stock doing in relation to other companies in it's industry sector? I would guess that the industry sector as a whole along with SHFL competitors has declined during this time period as well