Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 08-30-2001, 09:45 AM

Default Kidnaped again, there should be a law...

It was the early morning of August 30, 2001, the SPM went to visit his favorite web site 2+2. He was hoping his writers block would be penetrated by the wit of his fellow posters. Logging onto AOL, his web provider, he hoped the journey to 2+2 would be quick and easy. It had once been easy during most of his previous visits. He was pleasantly surprised when the surf to 2+2 was fast and easy. The opening screen for 2+2 was there and is heart began pounding with anticipation.

Clicking the forum other topics, he waited for the sight to open. He lit up his second cigarette for the day while other topics opened without incidence. Taking the first sip of caffeine loaded with sweet & low the SPM was entering Internet heaven. Reaching for the mouse to begin the scroll to the words of wisdom from fellow poker junkies, the SPM's eyes were wide open and ready to read. Then it happened, the screen reduced in size and the bus to the web opened. The evil Spinks advertiser jumped off the bus and grabbed the SPM.

It was another kidnaping, of the SPM. He fought with all his heart and soul and tried to free himself form the clutches of this evil advertiser. However, the power and will of Spinks was to great and the SPM was once again rushed slowly to the Spinks page. The words of his kidnapers were etched on the screen and promised visits to other web sites with the power of Spinks. The SPM closed his eyes so he would not see the temptation offered by the Spinks but they were relentless in their advertising methods.

The SPM reached deep inside himself for the power to escape this advertiser. He slowly reach for his mouse, then clicked the exit X and escaped form the evil advertiser Spinks. Free at last but shaken by event, the SPM retreated from the Internet and returned to his basement office.

SPM,...feeling a little violated...
Old 08-30-2001, 10:19 AM

Default Re: Kidnaped again, there should be a law...

It's weird you're having this problem. I get the Sprink ads also, but it's just a matter of closing the new window and continuing on as if nothing happened.

Maybe it's got something to do with your browser settings. Instead of just opening a new window for sprink, it just takes you there. I would think the problem should be solvable. Maybe Chuck Weinstock or anyone else familiar with aol and/or browser settings can help. Good luck.
Old 08-30-2001, 06:05 PM

Default oh mighty spm...

great to hear from you...sorry you are back to puffing, but there are worse things...i can't get in vince forum since changes...so i guess i'll get back to pp...gl...and prosper...
Old 08-31-2001, 12:42 AM

Default Re: Kidnaped again, there should be a law...

Kevin,

We spoke about this at the game to night. Like I told you then, it's not a matter of not knowing what to do, it's a violation of my right to surf the net un-molested by advertiser.

Should 2+2 be getting a commission for kidnaping me, I guess I'll have to live my life on the net in fear.

SPM,...molested again to post this...