Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-24-2005, 02:51 PM

Default The new AleoMagus Spreadsheet is here!

Here it is. The latest version (I’ll call it 2.2c) of the AleoMagus Super SnG spreadsheet is available for testing. Anyone with Excel should be able to try it. Simply enter the date, start time, duration, and finish position of your tournaments in the appropriate fields. Only change cells with grey backgrounds. Improvements in this version, courtesy of dfscott, who did all the VBasic, and myself:

a) general improvements to the auto-recording UI
b) compatibility improvement of the auto-recording macro with hand-entered data
c) multitable utilization factor – This is essentially just the number of tables running simultaneously at any one time.
d) many bugs squashed

There may still be problems, but dfscott and I both seem to think it’s working, so we might as well throw it out there for testing and review. Post bugs, reviews, and questions here to help us refine the spreadsheet and generate the FAQ.

Thanks go to MowrMowr for hosting.
zip file (1.7 MB)
unzipped version (8.2 MB)

some MSExcel tutorial site

NOTE To those who have used the auto-recording UI to record your tournaments: We’ve changed the way the macro enters the time in the “Time” column. Previously, it had appended the date as well, but I think this causes a lot of confusion for users trying to enter data by hand, so now it just enters the time as hh:mm:ss. This required a change in the cells where the multitable overlap calculations are done. As a result, if you recorded tournaments under the old macro, when you copy and paste the cells into the new sheet, all the “total hours” numbers will be wrong. To fix this, change cell in column V of any row recorded under the old macro to “=Ex” where “x” is the row number in question. Leave any blank or hand-entered rows unchanged.