Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > The Stock Market

Old 03-17-2005, 02:51 PM

Default Neteller Stock

This week stock tumbled on the fears of potential competition. I think this is just market-craze..

Does Neteller face future competition? I'd like to know why would i believe this? Currently they are almost a monopoly
Old 03-18-2005, 12:15 AM

Default Re: Neteller Stock

the only reasons a company goes public is to raise money for expansions or for the insiders to cash out lots of equity. which was it for neteller.
their future is determined by legislation and whether big companies go after their market. its all a gamble, nothing else.
Old 03-18-2005, 12:10 PM

Default Re: Neteller Stock

Okay but look at this:
- They are an established brand, that already gained peoples trust (thats important when people put their money into something. It's like the difference in playing on PokerStars or on some random new Pokersite that pops up on a banner somewhere. On Stars you have trust that they wont steal you).

- Neteller has a great deal on the Isle of Man, paying only 10% income tax (last years, before the deal, it was 33%).

- They have lots of expansion plans, and already aquired an asian debit card company... they also generate something like 50% ebitda margins.

They are basicly a cash-cow that will only stop to make money imo if the poker fad dies off. Competition CAN be a problem but we poker players can see them coming and cashout the stock before it gets serious, because we are in the "market" every day, reading news etc....

thoughts?