Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > The Stock Market

Old 03-09-2005, 03:38 PM

Default gambling stocks

With this boom in poker, I'm looking to put some money in stocks that are related and stand to benefit. Specifically, I've been looking at World Poker Tour Enterprises (WPTE) and Lakes Enterprises (LACO). LACO was former owner of all WPT stuff, spun off WPTE....

The short-term trends on these stocks looks good, and earnings seem to be nice but P/E ratio is through the roof. Does anyone have thoughts about whether these stocks are good buys considering the popularity boom of WPT and poker/gaming in general?
Old 03-09-2005, 05:12 PM

Default Re: gambling stocks

I own a lot of WPTE - they blew the roof off earnings yesterday. Analysts expected .01 per share, they came in at .05. Their website opens late April/Early May and should be a huge success. The P/E is low if you factor in the potential website earnings. I set a price target of $100 in 2 years. Go to their website and you can listen to their conference call from yesterday. I wouldn't buy LACO b/s WPTE drives LACO's earnings. LACO's other businesses are a drag. Hope this helps.
Old 03-10-2005, 08:43 PM

Personally I like Neteller - NTLRF.PK - better than any gaming stock right now. It doesn't matter which site becomes #1 - Neteller always wins.
Old 03-10-2005, 11:27 PM

http://yahoo.businessweek.com/bwdail...6684_db016.htm

WPTE is in position to make all time highs in the next few days. Should be at 30 within 3-4 weeks. Hope everyone is all-in. I am.

Whiz
Old 03-10-2005, 11:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Personally I like Neteller - NTLRF.PK - better than any gaming stock right now. It doesn't matter which site becomes #1 - Neteller always wins.

[/ QUOTE ] I agree. they are ptty much the house of houses. I am afraid of the 300% increase in past few months though, do you think it may be overpriced? also, how do I proceed to making purchases for stocks on LSE?

thanks!
Old 03-11-2005, 12:08 AM

You can buy it on the pink sheets in U.S.
Old 03-11-2005, 12:11 AM

Neteller and Sportingbet.com are still reasonably priced. SPBTF ( Sportingbet)is about 25 times this year's earnings, (fiscal year 7/05)and 18 times next. That's a bargain if the growth continues.

Read the other posts about WPTE, it's very expensive. be careful.
Old 03-11-2005, 11:06 AM

New high this morning $20.97.....$20 may be the next support level. Until further eveidence, I'll consider $17 the support.
Old 03-11-2005, 03:47 PM

Why just poker stocks? I’ve done really well the last couple of years with STN, SHFL, MGG and HET. They have dipped recently so this might be a good time to get in. I would not touch WPTE.

Disclaimer: Past performance is no indication of future results, yada, yada, yada…
Old 03-11-2005, 05:00 PM

can you share a little about those stocks? Don't even know what companies those are the symbols for... also, why the neg on poker stocks (WPTE)?