Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-2004, 07:16 PM

Default What are some good teas?

I'm starting to get into Tea, so far I like Green Tea, and Celestial Seasonings Sleepytime.

I used to be friends with some people from England that always had the best tea but I can't remember what they drank. I just remember the tea was in round bags that you put in a coffee maker. It was good stuff.
Old 11-28-2004, 07:27 PM

Default Re: What are some good teas?

I tend to like mint teas, I buy most of my tea from Helsinki Tea Company here in Great Barrington MA, so I can't speak much to brand name teas...

I know around here some of the best ones you can buy for green and fruit teas are Honest Tea. They are starting to put out some bottled tea too.

NT
Old 11-28-2004, 07:37 PM

psilocybin mushroom tea i pretty good...

As is texas tea.

Tea used to be a slang for weed, which is a slang for marijuana, which is a term for cannabic sativa or indica,

I usually just hit the tee when im golfing.

A golfball has never reminded me of a mushroom.

peace

john nickle
Old 11-28-2004, 07:39 PM

I like Harvey Nic's loose leaf teas, plus the cans are stylish.
Old 11-28-2004, 07:40 PM

I like celestial seasons sleepytime too! Always been a big favorite of mine.

I also like mint teas and green tea, but both tend to be pretty weak when you get them from the supermarket. I like stronger teas for the flavor, but when it comes to health, also for the nutrients.

Here's a link on green tea that I bought -- nice and strong and flavorful. More flavor, more health, too, so it's the best of all worlds.

http://search.lef.org/src-cgi-bin/Ms...ord=green+tea+
Old 11-28-2004, 07:45 PM

If you want a good solid black tea, I nominate simplicity---none of those "Breakfast" teas, no added "oil of bergemot," just plain old Broken Orange Pekoe, preferably highland grown in Sri Lanka. You'll find it loose at any good tea distributor, just buy a little tea ball (or better yet, a mug sized strainer) and brew away.

If you want a more delicate evening tea, again to Sri Lanka: get silvertip tea, which is crafted from the tips of the tea blossoms.
Old 11-28-2004, 09:07 PM

Maybe try a starter set or something form here....

Upton Tea

After drinking some better quality loose leaf teas you'll probably think Celestial Seasonings tastes like dust.

Have fun,

Allan
Old 11-28-2004, 09:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe try a starter set or something form here....

Upton Tea

After drinking some better quality loose leaf teas you'll probably think Celestial Seasonings tastes like dust.

Have fun,

Allan

[/ QUOTE ]

I work 10 minutes from this place and get all my tea there. They have hundreds of different teas from all over the world. I highly recommend getting their catalogue and trying some samplers to see what you like.
Old 11-28-2004, 09:47 PM

Hmm this looks like interesting stuff. I used to have one of those tea-balls, but lost it a long time ago.

Do you(or other respondents to this thread) have any recommendations on the best way to brew tea for someone just sipping away at a couple or few cups for a while on his own(not a big bunch of people, in other words -- just something for the single bum on his own)?

I was also thinking about getting one of those electronic cup warmers so I don't feel like I have to either gulp my drink down fast or drink it cold, but don't know the best one to get or best place to get it.
Old 11-28-2004, 09:53 PM

Maybe someone can help me out here. I took a chinese class in college and in one class the teacher gave us real chinese tea (it wasn't tea bags). That tea had a lot of flavor to it, it's the only tea I've ever had that I've liked really (I think most tea I have is bland). Any ideas on what that tea was or suggestions on tea I should try?