Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-22-2004, 05:57 PM

Default Odds for SS2 vs \"Harrrington on Hold\'em\" publish date

I'm thinking Harrington on Holdem is about a 1.5:1 favourite of being released to the public before SS2. What do you all think? All I know is that I've heard of SS2 for as long as I've been playing poker. Ok, that's not long but I'm still darn sure I'm on the better end of this bet [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 11-22-2004, 08:01 PM

Default Re: Odds for SS2 vs \"Harrrington on Hold\'em\" publish date

[ QUOTE ]
I'm thinking Harrington on Holdem is about a 1.5:1 favourite of being released to the public before SS2. What do you all think? All I know is that I've heard of SS2 for as long as I've been playing poker. Ok, that's not long but I'm still darn sure I'm on the better end of this bet [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd make the odds much more in favor of Harrington on Hold Em. SS2 isn't even out to Doyle's Room members, let alone thinking about it being out to the general public.
Old 11-23-2004, 02:24 AM

I'll go 3.5 to 1 in favor of Harrington.
Old 11-23-2004, 03:38 AM

Actually, SS2 is available to Doyle's Room members for like 10,000 frequent player points or something like that. Still, chances are that Harrington is gonna come out first.
Old 11-23-2004, 04:11 AM

Hi Joshua:

For Harrington on Hold 'em we're scheduled to print on Nov. 30 and Dec. 1 (Tues and Wed). Then binding is scheduled to start the morning of Dec. 2 (Thursday). That means by the afternoon of Dec. 2 we will have the first books. All of this is being done in Costa Mesa (printing) and then up the road not too far from the Commerce Club for the binding.

I will return to Nevada Thursday night and bring about five boxes of books back with me. Now that won't be anywhere close to filling all the preorders, but it does mean that the book will officially be released on Friday, Dec. 3.

We expect to get our first major shipment on Monday Dec. 6 where we will immediately begin to fill orders in earnest.

Best wishes,
Mason
Old 11-23-2004, 05:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Actually, SS2 is available to Doyle's Room members for like 10,000 frequent player points or something like that. Still, chances are that Harrington is gonna come out first.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes its "available" but its not out. You can order it all you want, just like you've been able to on Amazon for months. Likeliness of getting that order actually filled in the next two months = pretty slim. Likeliness of getting it filled before a Harrington on Hold Em Preorder = almost non existent.
Old 11-23-2004, 11:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] It's not "available". You earn the points and then get the book when it becomes available. They're telling people they will ship this Friday.
Old 11-23-2004, 11:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hi Joshua:

For Harrington on Hold 'em we're scheduled to print on Nov. 30 and Dec. 1 (Tues and Wed). Then binding is scheduled to start the morning of Dec. 2 (Thursday). That means by the afternoon of Dec. 2 we will have the first books. All of this is being done in Costa Mesa (printing) and then up the road not too far from the Commerce Club for the binding.

I will return to Nevada Thursday night and bring about five boxes of books back with me. Now that won't be anywhere close to filling all the preorders, but it does mean that the book will officially be released on Friday, Dec. 3.

We expect to get our first major shipment on Monday Dec. 6 where we will immediately begin to fill orders in earnest.

Best wishes,
Mason

[/ QUOTE ]
Mason, You must feel pretty confident about that schedule not to hedge yourself by a few days? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 11-23-2004, 09:47 PM

Do you have a best guess as to when it will start showing up in Borders stores, etc.?
Old 11-24-2004, 01:12 AM

Hi AceHigh:

We should begin shipping to Borders on Dec. 8. Normally it takes about ten days after that for our books to make the stores. However, during the Christmas rush, it may take longer.

best wishes,
Mason