Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-13-2004, 11:30 AM

Default The Rock

Just got out of a 30-60 game at the Bellagio with 3 rocks. I left when 2 rock-eaters sat down. If someone got all 3, everyone would give them 5 chips. That's highly unlikely, since you not only have to protect your rock, you need to win others. One kid did it 3 times. I believe he ended up about $19k in 5 hours. You really needed to make hands to win pots. I chopped one. Yay. Barry made the comment that he hadn't won a pot and gave that kid $150 already before he knew what was going on.

It was great for the game. Anyone who objects to the rocks is either an idiot, or horrible at poker. Yes, I got stuck 2k and left because of the rock-eaters. It was still great for the game. Yes, it played about as big as a 60 game. Maybe an 80 game, but probably not quite that high.

I'm tired. I expect the game to still be going when I wake up.

~D
Old 11-13-2004, 12:55 PM

Default Re: The Rock

Well, I knew what was going on, but I think that I contributed 10 chips to him before I completed my 2nd orbit. I was enjoying their theories on defending their rocks

The more I sit in it, the more I like it.
Old 11-13-2004, 04:08 PM

er, what? I'm completely confused. What's a rock eater?
Old 11-13-2004, 04:13 PM

Uh... translation please?

A "rock eater"?

"If someone got all 3, everyone would give them 5 chips." Got all 3? What does that mean?

"That's highly unlikely, since you not only have to protect your rock, you need to win others."

Protect your rock?

eastbay
Old 11-13-2004, 04:21 PM

Default Quick Explanation

Rock - Two bets worth of chips rubber-banded together, to be used as a "mandatory" live straddle when you are UTG. That is, someone rubber-bands six chips together and live straddles. Whoever wins that pot keeps the rock rubber-banded together and waits until he is UTG. Then he posts it as a live straddle.

Rock eater - Someone who takes the rubber band off the rock and puts the chips in his stack.
Old 11-13-2004, 04:58 PM

Default Re: Quick Explanation

[ QUOTE ]
Rock - Two bets worth of chips rubber-banded together, to be used as a "mandatory" live straddle when you are UTG. That is, someone rubber-bands six chips together and live straddles. Whoever wins that pot keeps the rock rubber-banded together and waits until he is UTG. Then he posts it as a live straddle.

Rock eater - Someone who takes the rubber band off the rock and puts the chips in his stack.

[/ QUOTE ]

So rock eaters are dicks?

-AA
Old 11-13-2004, 07:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well, I knew what was going on, but I think that I contributed 10 chips to him before I completed my 2nd orbit. I was enjoying their theories on defending their rocks

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry. I meant it like: "I gave him a bunch of money so fast it made my head spin." Not meaning that you didn't know what was up, just that you got juiced twice before your seat was warm.

~D