Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > The Stock Market
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-09-2002, 03:14 PM

Default Wall Street Week minus Rukeyser

Seems a bit of a shock that PBS exec's would can Louis Rukeyser from the show he invented. Is there anybody here who likes the move? I wonder if PBS execs (actually Maryland Public Television execs) are trying to address a perception that the show with Rukeyser had been guilty of pitching stocks of companies that were involved in recent scandles such as Enron?
Old 04-09-2002, 10:14 PM

Default Re: Wall Street Week minus Rukeyser

he moved over to cnbc the same time as the show that is replacing him. getting even i guess.

i never liked his show as it seemed just to be a bunch of pitchmen for certain stocks or advice companies. his same old panel were a joke and one of his regulars also got into alot of trouble for his tactics.
Old 04-09-2002, 10:20 PM

Default Re: Wall Street Week minus Rukeyser

That show was stupid. It was so pitchy to the point of being ridiculous. You could get the content of that show in about 5 minutes of mid-day CNBC as they cycle 2 or 3 analysts with their top picks in the same amount of time. Louie's time has passed, that was a show that was useful back in the day when there wasn't much on TV covering the financial world, but it just is so out of date today. They would be better off having some financial advisor tell people how to handle their money wisely since it is supposedly programming aimed at helping the public as opposed to some guy trotting out analyst after analyst pitching their company's picks.