Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High

Old 10-07-2004, 09:16 PM

Default pot limit omaha 8/b question

would you go all in with AdAhQc3c preflop? on party poker i raised got reraised and 4 of us had our money in preflop. lost when A345 caught 5s full of 3s and a naked A2 won low. i thought i played the hand correctly but now im not so sure so i wanted the opinions of others. so if you would let me know what you think about it i would appreciate it. thank you
Old 10-08-2004, 05:53 AM

Default Re: pot limit omaha 8/b question

you are definately taking the best of it when you go all-in preflop with two aces and a good sidecord (like a 3 or 2) assuming the money isn't too deep that is. AA3x is a great hand. You have to figure you are against both other aces and possibly an A2xx. So you are really hoping that a 2 falls to give you the nut low. With AA3x you have the best high hand and the second best high hand which isnt a bad hand to go all in with preflop. I think your play was perfectly fine.
Old 10-08-2004, 12:59 PM

Default Re: pot limit omaha 8/b question

This is my opinion, and I could be wrong, but here it goes.
With a raise and reraise your A3 you gotta think is up against at least 1 A2, maybe 2, and maybe another A3. So now your low is hoping for a 1 of 3 cards and even then it might be quartered. Your flush possibility is OK, but third best, and your high is AA which really needs the other A to fall which would counterfit your low as well. Add to this that trips is a weak O8b hand multi-way and even if you do hit your trips you still may lose.

So, my opinion, is that was a bad all-in. If you could have gotten it heads up, then I'd say, good bet, but as it is I would say that was the wrong decision. My opinion.