Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-06-2004, 08:37 PM

Default Aderol adderall

Has anyone used this drug while playing poker. My brother who recently graduated college said it is popular on campus. He said that it is very easy to study and concentrate while on the drug and very hard to get bored. I think this would be perfect for poker, especially long sessions....
Old 10-06-2004, 08:41 PM

Default Re: Aderol adderall

My former roommate used it for all-nighters or long poker sessions. The problem is that it's very psychologically addictive. In the past 5 years it's turned into a suburban street drug of sorts.

GoT
Old 10-06-2004, 08:41 PM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters

my girlfriend loves the stuff, it's basically a mini-stimulant from what i can gather
Old 10-06-2004, 08:54 PM

nice....I think I am going to obtain some and test it out on my next trip to Vegas.....Any harmful side effects ?
Old 10-06-2004, 09:10 PM

bring water.

i used it when i first played, with bad results cause i was awful and still learning.

you will be able to bang out long sessions and i'd be pretty amazed if a few players at the large live multis were not using this stuff for the day long sessions.

it's pretty addictive, once i ran out, i never got anymore because i realized that i could burn through it waaay too quick.
Old 10-06-2004, 09:20 PM

Adderall is not physically addictive, but can be (and often is) psychologically addictive, especially when abused. It is an amphetamine - you might call it 'prescription speed'. As long as you don't binge on it, you should be fine.
Old 10-07-2004, 12:06 AM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters

she says coming down sucks, etc. it's like cocaine jr.
Old 10-07-2004, 12:28 AM

she says coming down sucks, etc. it's like cocaine jr.

Yes. That's what I've heard from people who use(d) it as well and why I decided to stay away from it.

GoT
Old 10-07-2004, 12:39 AM

the subject came up over dinner with her and a friend tonight, not a result of this thread. i'm curious about it in a "kickstart motivation" kind of way. like, if you took it for a couple days and did amazing things, you could possibly continue doing amazing things because of the results high.

and by amazing things i mean things like throwing your useless crap away and boxing the other stuff up because you're supposed to move in 2 weeks even though it's been delayed for over a month [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] seriously i do next to nothing productive other than working and playing poker. no laundry no dishes no shopping nada. constantly late on paying bills because of pure disinterest.
Old 10-07-2004, 01:28 AM

Hey Astro,

I suffer from the same disinterest/laziness a lot of the time. Adderall will most likely get you to do your neglected daily chores and stuff. I remember coming home to my roommate standing on top of my sofa vaccuuming it one day and I was like, wtf? I've never really considered going the drug route for self-motivation; guess I'm old-fashioned like that. I'm also a chronic procrastinator so that doesn't help either, but for me reading certain books on lifeviews and philosophy have helped, as well as getting someone to kick me in the ass when I need to do something. The Adderall very well could help you kickstart you out of the dulldrums you're in and is probably worth at least considering though. You also might consider that you may be going through a slight depression of sorts, and you may just need to decide to take some time off of poker (or spend less time on it) and get out and explore the world for a bit. Go out, be social, do things in your area you've wanted to, etc. I definitely do relate a lot to what you describe though.

GoT