Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > The Stock Market
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-17-2004, 10:47 AM

Default EK shares under accumulation....

maybe that 3-legged one-eyed dog can hunt after all...sic- em ray...

http://finance.yahoo.com/q/bc?s=EK&t=1y
Old 09-17-2004, 10:57 PM

Default Re: EK shares under accumulation....

http://finance.yahoo.com/q/bc?s=EK&t...amp;q=c&c=

If you buy that technical analysis stuff this chart seems to show resistence at $34 and $35. If you buy into TA EK isn't exciting until it clears $35.

It also seems that there is no news pushing EK up. What you might be seeing is technical tradees playing with the stock.

I personally have trouble seeing EK as a high pe growth stock. The market cap is now $9 billion, which seems high.

Not I have spent about 5 minutes researching EK so I should be regarded as ignorant.
Old 09-19-2004, 08:58 PM

http://www.forbes.com/technology/fee...&referrer=

above is some news for you...i'm not touting the stock and i don't own any either but neither did ray late last fall when he thought maybe we should give it a look-see...we were kind of rough on ray for his pick (ek was in the low 20's at the time, full of bad news and about to be kicked out of the dow jones index)

the turnaround story is far from complete but the shares are most definately under accumulation
Old 09-21-2004, 11:13 PM

hillbilly ol boy. i bought back then and held on to it thinking i would hold for awhile. but true to form i sold on the news last week. i am out of the stock and likely wont follow it anymore as i wont have an opinion worth a grain of salt going out from here. i really cant say to anyone i told you so cause i didnt really tout it.
see ya
Old 09-28-2004, 02:47 PM

Investors met EK's original plan of digital adoption with strong resistance...and why not? Traditional films mints cash and requires 0 capex...Digital would require huge amounts of capital for capex requirements as well as planned acquisitions...further margins at the digital level are not NEARLY as close as the traditional level where EK had a grip on the entire market. The digital market is characterized by terrible pricing pressures.

That being said investors have seen good results out of EK over the past 6-9 months. I am in the investment world (I work at a hedge fund in NYC) and I heard management speak a few weeks at a conference. I was impressed with what they were telling me...the are actually putting up good numbers and will likely keep their investment grade rating as they pay down debt and continue milking the traditional film business for cash.

It has made a strong run so I would be hesitant to enter at these levels without some kind of hedge...but given the dearth of good stocks with decent management it is something to consider.