Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-21-2004, 06:14 AM

Default Single-suited Aces: How would you play this?

I'm dealt a couple of aces with a 3 and a 4 UTG+1 (too bad I'm not in a hi/lo game) so I decide to limp, maybe get the opportunity to limp-reraise, maybe just play a small pot if no one raises behind, see if I like the flop and go from there. Bunch of limpers follow, then the button pots it: now here's my chance to get a good chunk of money in preflop, as well as isolate him, so I re-pot it to $80. He min-reraises me $65 more. What's the best play, just stick it all in?

Party Poker Pot-Limit Omaha High, $2 BB (8 handed)

SB ($78.55)
BB ($554.70)
UTG ($326.60)
Hero ($332.35)
MP1 ($90)
MP2 ($87)
CO ($100)
Button ($309.65)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls $2, Hero calls $2, MP1 folds, MP2 calls $2, CO calls $2, <font color="CC3333">Button raises to $15</font>, SB folds, BB calls $13, UTG calls $13, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises to $80</font>, MP2 folds, CO folds, <font color="CC3333">Button raises to $145</font>, BB folds, UTG folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises to $332.35 (All-In)</font>, Button calls $164.65 (All-In).
Old 08-21-2004, 07:48 AM

Default Re: Single-suited Aces: How would you play this?

You've already told him what your hand is and he is pot committed so you might as well go allin. Alternatively, you could wait for the flop and bet REGARDLESS OF WHAT COMES. This gives him a chance to pass and would be the play with less variance. But you should really just get him allin, and variance be damned.

gl

Dave
-----------
http://internetpokerpro.blogspot.com/
Old 08-21-2004, 01:03 PM

Default Re: Single-suited Aces: How would you play this?

If you ever get a chance to get all of your money in preflop with AAxx in Omaha you can only be in bad shape to better aces, or alternatively when another player is marked with aces and another player with a good hand comes in as well.

In fact, if you were dealt AA and no side cards it would still be correct to get it all in against any other hand.

I once got 6 players all in preflop while holding aces single suited, I lost the pot, but after running the EV on the hand I realized that if I could do that 10 times a day for the rest of my life I'd never worry about money again.