Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-23-2005, 06:33 PM

Default Re: suckout, or missed bets?

Unch-gray...

Against a reasonably smart opponent, I cap, because dude would have raised JJ and there's no way he has a 3 - TT is the only hand I'd be worried about.

But a 75 VPIP idiot might very well have a 3, or a stupidly played JJ/TT. You can't assume that, though, and with 12.5 BB in the pot you win often enough to not be just spewing (JT will think they're ahead roughly 90% of the time). Call down.
Old 11-23-2005, 06:34 PM

Call down. You have 2-pair beat.
Old 11-23-2005, 06:52 PM

My gut told me that he had JT when he 3-bet the turn, and I got a little worried, untill I noticed that I had that hand crushed. If I cap the turn, whats my river play assuming he leads? Also, the donk who was calling us has stats of 29.4/2.9/8. No need to worry about them, right?
Old 11-23-2005, 07:05 PM

Default RESULTS

As the hand played out, I called down and villain showed QJ(?!?!?!). I definatly made a note of it. Thanks for the help
Old 11-23-2005, 07:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My gut told me that he had JT when he 3-bet the turn, and I got a little worried, untill I noticed that I had that hand crushed. If I cap the turn, whats my river play assuming he leads? Also, the donk who was calling us has stats of 29.4/2.9/8. No need to worry about them, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

River play assumes a blank falls. If you have courage and believe in your read, then raise for value. As far as the donk who's calling, you should have thought of a range of hands for him pre-flop. Could have a ten and just be playing along. I don't know about not worrying. You should be thinking about him too. He might have a ten or a middle pair.
Old 11-23-2005, 07:14 PM

With an agression factor of 8, you don't think I would have heard from him if he had something?
Old 11-23-2005, 07:32 PM

you're right.
How many hands is that AF of 8 based on.
My thinking was more along the lines of what cards don't you want to see on the river for both players. That way decision on your line for the river might be easier.
Old 11-23-2005, 07:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
With an agression factor of 8, you don't think I would have heard from him if he had something?

[/ QUOTE ]
I think you would have heard from him no matter what his AF was.
Old 11-23-2005, 08:40 PM

To be honest, I was not paying too much attention to him during the hand; my thinking being that if a card like an 8 9 T Q J or A fell, I would be in trouble (if not already). Also, AF is based on a small number of hands, 34 I believe.
Old 11-23-2005, 09:38 PM

i would call down from here... the donk bet and 3-bet suggests that maybe he has 2pr... the pot is quite large, i suggest calling down from here and making a note as to what he donk bets with.

I just noticed the paired board... so his 2pr is pwned... however donk bets could also mean he wanted to 3-bet and figured a turn raise w. his trips would give it away... i would still prolly just call down in case