Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-25-2005, 03:44 AM

Default smoking weed

So here is my situation. I'm in my early 40's and haven't smoked weed on a regular basis in about 20 years. I enjoyed it back then, but my wife wasn't into it so I gave it up. I still drink more then I should and worry about the long term effects so I'm thinking of quitting drinking and taking up smoking weed again.

Of course I know I should quit both but I am not, so save your speech. My questions are these. How has weed changed in the last 20 years? How much can I expect to pay for an ounce? It was around $50 in my day. I live in a city where I don't know anyone who smokes. How do I go about buying it?
Old 09-25-2005, 03:45 AM

Default Re: smoking weed

Are you sure you're not already using? I wouldn't expect a 40 year old to ask a bunch of low-to-mid twenty somethings advice on life.
Old 09-25-2005, 03:46 AM

You mean the P.O.T.
Old 09-25-2005, 03:47 AM

It's much more potent...or at least that's what Dr. Drew tells me

An oz for $50...no way ( I think even ragweed is double)
try an eigth for that much

don't know about locations (cuz I don't smoke...sorry)
Old 09-25-2005, 03:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You mean teh P.O.T.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-25-2005, 03:53 AM

On average it's incredibly more potent than it was 20 years ago, which I always heard and was seconded by some 40ish year olds who recently tried it after a hiatus.

It really depends where you're at, but 200-500$ an ounce is a valid range, depending on grade bla bla.

I would have no idea how to go about getting it, as asking strangers isn't the best of ideas.

I'm not going to comment on whether or not I feel it's a good idea for 40 year olds with families to choose this over drinking however, as it aint my business.
Old 09-25-2005, 04:13 AM

You sound like someone who usually needs something strong, like a new habit, to replace an old one. I can be that way sometimes. I can find it easy to drop an old bad habit if I take up a new bad habit. Or a new good one, too -- my obsessive nature generally lets me get so into something that I can forget things like bad habits almost accidentally, just never get round to them again. The bad habits drop if you're too busy to think about them and don't reinforce them constantly.

You're at the age where if you aren't starting to feel the beginnings of declines in things like strength, wind, and general health, you will soon enough. And you're also still very capable of getting much stronger and laying in a solid foundation of health so any things like bone loss, etc., don't start to just naturally happen and whittle away at you before you realize how much is gone.

I would get into something physically demanding, hopefully that you really enjoy. That will increase your health in a way you can feel daily, and give you goals and take up some leisure time. For some people, just exercising alone can do that, but most get bored and quit, so I'd suggest some kind of sport. Biking, tennis, rowing, martial arts, even hiking, whatever you like.

Both will give you stimulation during your leisure hours, and help you address health issues before they even become issues.

If you already exercise or play a sport somewhat seriously, then that advice wouldn't apply to you directly. But it carries over in that if you are looking to replace one habit with another because that seems to be the easiest way you know to get rid of a habit you have, you can still try to find a good new habit instead of a bad or neutral one.

I don't count pot as a truly bad habit, but think you could probably find something better.

None of this was meant as a criticism, by the way. And I hope it doesn't sound too jerky. What you do is none of my business and I don't disapprove of pot. It just seems there are more interesting experiments out there, especially for a 40-year-old guy who has already smoked pot before and isn't discovering anything new in it. I only mention it because your phrasing reminded me of the bad habits I had and how glad I was to get rid of them by finding another, which then became a problem of its own. I'll always have habits of one sort or another, and I'm a lot better off with good ones.
Old 09-25-2005, 04:22 AM

I have been thinking about smoking pot again... Just got out of the military, and its been a while. Not really because i want to, but because i "can"... at least easier now than when i was in. Its still illegal, but the military will F-with you about doing stuff like that. Dont really know where to get it though. Wish they would legalize it.
Old 09-25-2005, 04:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You sound like someone who usually needs something strong, like a new habit, to replace an old one. I can be that way sometimes. I can find it easy to drop an old bad habit if I take up a new bad habit. Or a new good one, too -- my obsessive nature generally lets me get so into something that I can forget things like bad habits almost accidentally, just never get round to them again. The bad habits drop if you're too busy to think about them and don't reinforce them constantly.

You're at the age where if you aren't starting to feel the beginnings of declines in things like strength, wind, and general health, you will soon enough. And you're also still very capable of getting much stronger and laying in a solid foundation of health so any things like bone loss, etc., don't start to just naturally happen and whittle away at you before you realize how much is gone.

I would get into something physically demanding, hopefully that you really enjoy. That will increase your health in a way you can feel daily, and give you goals and take up some leisure time. For some people, just exercising alone can do that, but most get bored and quit, so I'd suggest some kind of sport. Biking, tennis, rowing, martial arts, even hiking, whatever you like.

Both will give you stimulation during your leisure hours, and help you address health issues before they even become issues.

If you already exercise or play a sport somewhat seriously, then that advice wouldn't apply to you directly. But it carries over in that if you are looking to replace one habit with another because that seems to be the easiest way you know to get rid of a habit you have, you can still try to find a good new habit instead of a bad or neutral one.

I don't count pot as a truly bad habit, but think you could probably find something better.

None of this was meant as a criticism, by the way. And I hope it doesn't sound too jerky. What you do is none of my business and I don't disapprove of pot. It just seems there are more interesting experiments out there, especially for a 40-year-old guy who has already smoked pot before and isn't discovering anything new in it. I only mention it because your phrasing reminded me of the bad habits I had and how glad I was to get rid of them by finding another, which then became a problem of its own. I'll always have habits of one sort or another, and I'm a lot better off with good ones.

[/ QUOTE ]

or just get [censored] ripped. you'll probably pay 300/o. just wait at the grocery store and watch for someone buying lots of plastic bags [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-25-2005, 04:26 AM

Don't ever pay more than $350 for an ounce. Even if it is good stuff because you are being ripped off. Expect around $50 for an eighth. And from what I have heard it has gotten more potent. Procurement is a sticky situation for you though. Ask friends if they know of anyone. You will probably find out about a friend of a friend.... Or if you live in california you could get a prescription for your nagging back pain/insomnia [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img].